08-26-09, 01:26 PM   #1
TuLe
A Black Drake

WOW boot theme addon

HEy guys a while ago i use to have some files wich where extractedon the WTF folder root and another folder (dont recall the name) which in a simply put make your character / boot screen change. It had some themes like the bloodelf, or orcs and such... Thing is after 3.2 this addon dnt " proc" anymore... Anyone know how can i achiev this again on my game?!

thx for any help!
08-26-09, 01:43 PM   #2
Gsusnme
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I believe the mod you are referring to is E-Dragon Slayer which (as you stated) does not work any longer, Blizzard has blocked it's (and others like it) functionality, for; from what I understand to be unknown reasons, with a generic "Protecting our intellectual property rights" type of excuse. So far I am unaware of any replacement mods, or if one would even BE possible. See the cited post in the mod page liked above for more information, sorry to be the bearer of bad news. I miss this mod as well.
08-26-09, 02:14 PM   #3
TuLe
A Black Drake

Yes thats the one! Too bad the fun is over them... I hate that frost wyrm dragon lol!
08-29-09, 07:33 AM   #4
nickyjean
Premium Member
Premium Member
That's dreadful. I used to just have the black screen because my load time was so much faster. I can't believe they thought that was bad for them somehow. ---sob----They are lucky worgens and goblins are coming or I'd be ticked.
08-29-09, 08:10 AM   #5
Psychophan7
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
Originally Posted by TuLe View Post
Yes thats the one! Too bad the fun is over them... I hate that frost wyrm dragon lol!
C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\Data\Sound\Ambience\GlueScreen\
Wrath_Login_1.wav
Wrath_Login_2.wav
Wrath_Login_3.wav
Wrath_Login_4.wav

Those are all of the sounds that the frost wyrm makes. For me, each of them are 259 bytes of silence. I never have to listen to that blasted wyrm when I log on. If someone on a non-XP OS could post the equivalent path to those files, then more people can benefit from the sweet, sweet silence.
08-29-09, 08:40 AM   #6
zero-kill
A Firelord

For the sake of argument on sound, I turn mine off - after so many years of listening to the same music looping, well enough said. I can't seem to find that pathway on XP or Vista, even my Windows 7 machine has it pointing to nowhere.
08-29-09, 11:02 AM   #7
aceman67
A Theradrim Guardian

Originally Posted by zero-kill View Post
For the sake of argument on sound, I turn mine off - after so many years of listening to the same music looping, well enough said. I can't seem to find that pathway on XP or Vista, even my Windows 7 machine has it pointing to nowhere.
XP would be in your Program Files folder, unless you told it to install elsewhere.

Under Vista (And Windows 7), WoW is installed by default to C:\Users\Public\Games this is to avoid any kind of access restrictions that are placed under both OS's security functions (Damn you UAC, Damn you)

Your XP machine might have the same directory (but it would be under C:\Documents and Settings\Public\Games or something along those lines.)
08-29-09, 11:55 AM   #8
Zyonin
Coffee powered Kaldorei

Originally Posted by aceman67 View Post
XP would be in your Program Files folder, unless you told it to install elsewhere.

Under Vista (And Windows 7), WoW is installed by default to C:\Users\Public\Games this is to avoid any kind of access restrictions that are placed under both OS's security functions (Damn you UAC, Damn you)

Your XP machine might have the same directory (but it would be under C:\Documents and Settings\Public\Games or something along those lines.)
Under XP, WoW (and it's settings) is by default, is located in the directory you just mentioned, Program files. The default path (assuming your default drive is C: ) is: C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft. XP does not have a "Public" folder.
08-29-09, 11:57 AM   #9
Taryble
A Molten Giant

Also, if your folder path cuts off after "Data", that's because the rest of the path is normally "internal". You can create the folders listed, and the files, to do a sound replacement, without altering the internal files.
08-29-09, 12:03 PM   #10
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Psychophan7 View Post
World of Warcraft\Data\Sound\Ambience\GlueScreen\
Wrath_Login_1.wav
Wrath_Login_2.wav
Wrath_Login_3.wav
Wrath_Login_4.wav

All of those wav files can be made with a text editor.
08-29-09, 06:17 PM   #11
tralkar
An Onyxian Warder

Or just go here its all done for you..

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...ginScreen.html

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » WOW boot theme addon