12-04-10, 10:17 AM   #1
Unit9
A Defias Bandit
Widescreen Addon?

Hi guys,

I've noticed loads of people posting warcraft videos on youtube with their interface at perfect 16x9 resolution (1280x720).

I don't have the options in wow to make my windowed version 1280x720 so how do they do this?

Also, if not is there an addon that could add black bars at the top and bottom of my screen so that when I record video, the screen/UI will be in the correct resolution?

Thanks!
12-04-10, 12:36 PM   #2
Poreo
A Warpwood Thunder Caller
Not sure if this is what you mean but I'm pretty sure the reso depends on the screen you are playing on, in-game config allows you to choose between a couple, but not anything your screen can't handle
12-04-10, 04:49 PM   #3
Xinhuan
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
You need a 16x9 monitor for that. Otherwise you can use a viewport addon to resize the visible 3D world and move your UI elements accordingly.
12-04-10, 04:56 PM   #4
Nobgul
A Molten Giant

Even with a 16x9 monitor the screen doesn't show the bars at the top and bottom unless you set your monitor to do so, most automatically stretch the image.
12-04-10, 06:32 PM   #5
Unit9
A Defias Bandit
Thanks guys.

Are there any addons that allow you to reposition the traditional WoW interface?

Cheers!
12-04-10, 09:00 PM   #6
Nobgul
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by Unit9 View Post
Thanks guys.

Are there any addons that allow you to reposition the traditional WoW interface?

Cheers!
Addon: Move Anything!
12-04-10, 09:26 PM   #7
Arcadian Del Sol
A Fallenroot Satyr
CT_viewframe lets you manually manipulate the area of the screen that defines the game's "windshield". I use it so I can run dual monitors, and have the game itself on the left monitor, and all my various databroker stuff (maps, DPS, bags, quest trackers, et. al.) on the 2nd monitor.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Widescreen Addon?