02-12-07, 06:41 PM   #101
dorlf
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Mazzlefizz
Very interesting, dorlf. I liked what you did with the target cave and the focus frame.

Its a shame DUF is sort of defunct. This is the first I'd really gotten a chance to play around with it and the only thing i'm really missing is the unit casting bars (pretty much any unit but the ToT can have them).

02-12-07, 09:16 PM   #102
Sylencer
A Murloc Raider
If there's a clean party casting bar add-on, I'd definitely look into adding it.

As for Baggins, it's already in there. You just have to answer the question about it.
I meant vBagnon... thats what I get for posting with no sleep :P

As for a clean add on I haven't found a good Party Casting Bar addon yet thats standalone... does someone else possibly know of one? And as far as playing around with the one in the Cosmoui I was unable to get it to function without removing 3d models and the Frames... which is really not acceptable to me atleast.

And really nice modifications dorlf~

Sylencerr
Gnome punter extraordinare

02-12-07, 11:48 PM   #103
Tenagra
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Hey Mazzle,

have you considered a forums section where mazzle users can post questions for other users?

I saw your post about not posting individual questions and was just thinking, if we had a section where we could go and post "hey anyone know how to make x mod, do y?" could take some questions off you and allow those who have more experience to help newer folks.

I know tonight i was having a problem with baggins. Checked out wowace and found nothing of help. It's not something to ask you as it's not your mod. This is a situation where if i could post it to the community, maybe someone could come along with a quick answer.

Just a thought.

T

02-13-07, 01:36 AM   #104
Atlin
A Kobold Labourer
Originally Posted by dorlf
Ok, so attached is a screenie of my modded UI. My goal was to squeeze a little more out of the panel space, especially because I had to up the font size a tad to help my eyes (not enough carrots, apparently). To that end, I modded the art with the goal of shrinking the borders. The textures are gone as a result of that, though i had nothing against them. I just used a flat gray, 3 pixel border with circles at the hot spots. I know where the hot spots are at this point, so removing them entirely wouldn't have been a problem, but I wanted to leave some sort of border in simply because I like how it turns red when I have aggro.

Since I was getting rid of the textures, the targetting window looked very odd, so I redid that as well. I'm certainly no artist, but I'm a hunter, so I gave it crosshairs and I like to imagine it looks like my target through a scope.

Anyway, resized the chat boxes to take care of the added panel area and merged the two combat boxes on the right in to one. Rearranged the ui components on the left box (trinket menu, status windows, autobar) to give as much room as possible for the combat box.

Also got rid of the minimap border texture and scaled it up as large as I could while still fitting it in to the available panel space. As a hunter (and an herbalist) I tend to live and die by the minimap, so I wanted it big.

Added a target of target frame using DUF (just above the scope) because I couldn't live without it. A few other minor mods to the unit frames with duf (mostly colors, some layout with the scope thing).

And I think thats it. I'm a total tweaker and I love the clear playing area thing, so I just tried to take that a step farther. I'm really digging this setup.

Anyway, my suggestions on top of this - just more efficient use of the panel area. Texture options would be part of this, as would the ability to for easier manipulaton/movement of some of the components. I had to go to external files and change x/y numbers for most of the layout changes I made.

Thanks again Mazz!

//edit oh, and my keybindings are embarassingly weird. I haven't really had a chance to reset them all since my UI switch.
dorlf, what mod did you use to change the artwork on the UI?

The reason i'm asking is I want to change a few things around in hopes of showing Mazz an idea I have for a Healer's setup. I love a lot of things in the current UI I just need to be able to move a few last touch things to help show mazz what i'm going to suggest, i've looked all over and still can't seem to find anything that will let me move the chat boxes and artwork.

Any info on how to change that would be awesome, Thank!

And Mazz, I've never used a compilation yet, however this UI is the best UI I've used. period. Great work.

02-13-07, 05:35 AM   #105
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Tenagra
Hey Mazzle,

have you considered a forums section where mazzle users can post questions for other users?

I saw your post about not posting individual questions and was just thinking, if we had a section where we could go and post "hey anyone know how to make x mod, do y?" could take some questions off you and allow those who have more experience to help newer folks.

I know tonight i was having a problem with baggins. Checked out wowace and found nothing of help. It's not something to ask you as it's not your mod. This is a situation where if i could post it to the community, maybe someone could come along with a quick answer.

Just a thought.

T
I understand the sentiment, but I'm not really in control of forum structure, and, to be honest, I'm not sure how useful it would be. There are already lots of other forums at WoWInterface for asking questions about other add-ons. I know they may not get as much traffic as the Mazzle one currently is, but my guess is simply embedding a similar thing here would not make a difference. Then again, perhaps a common interest would foster more cooperation. I don't know. It's not really my call, but my inclination is that it isn't worthwhile.

02-13-07, 05:39 AM   #106
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Atlin
The reason i'm asking is I want to change a few things around in hopes of showing Mazz an idea I have for a Healer's setup. I love a lot of things in the current UI I just need to be able to move a few last touch things to help show mazz what i'm going to suggest, i've looked all over and still can't seem to find anything that will let me move the chat boxes and artwork.
You can move the chat boxes the same way you normally would. Unlock them and drag them where you want them. There's nothing special going on there.

As for the art, that would involved editing the code and or art in the MazzleUI add-on.

02-13-07, 08:44 AM   #107
VoodooFX
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
could anyone point me an editor for .blp files ? (sry for off-topic)

thx

//EDIT don't bother replying to this post, i found out myself (googled it *duh*), thx anyways

ps. great job done with this ui mazzle !

Last edited by VoodooFX : 02-13-07 at 08:49 AM.

02-13-07, 08:48 AM   #108
Brem
Premium Member

Premium Member
Originally Posted by VoodooFX
could anyone point me an editor for .blp files ? (sry for off-topic)

thx

ps. great job done with this ui mazzle !

I'd try a google search. Last word from me because this is the wrong thread, and quite likely, the wrong forum altogether.

-----------------
MazzleUI Beta Tester

02-13-07, 09:23 AM   #109
Bouvi
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

I was reading through here and noticed QuestAnnouner mentioned but never explained (if it was I missed it and I am sorry)

Questannouncer is an invaulable tool for me as I play alot with the wife and she can never remember where she is when I ask "how many more xx do you need"

What Questannouncer does is annouce over the party channel when you get a quest item and how many more you lack.

For example say we are on a quest looking for Warbeads.

She would get one and in party it would say:

Aanya: Warbeads 4/10 need 6 more.

There are various options. I also have it pop up in the top middle of the screen so I can help her keep track of it. Also helps in groups so I do not have to keep answering How many left?

----

I know you mentioned themes. Is this something you plan on adding? Will it keep the same layout but different color/art schemes? I would love to have the ability to update my own art and save various themes. While this may be out of the bounds of MuzzleUI It is something important to me.

Cheers,

02-13-07, 09:36 AM   #110
dorlf
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Atlin
dorlf, what mod did you use to change the artwork on the UI?
Great work.
http://www.advimglib.com/BLP2util.zip lets you convert the bliz .blp format to something easier to edit. Then I just used photoshop to make my changes (make sure to pay attention to the alpha channel so you dont break the transparency). I didn't actually move any of the artwork around, because as Mazz pointed out (here or in another thread) that would require moving a LOT of other stuff. All the discord unit frames, raid info, etc. Then convert back to .blp using the same utility and replace the files.

02-13-07, 09:44 AM   #111
dorlf
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
You can move the chat boxes the same way you normally would. Unlock them and drag them where you want them. There's nothing special going on there.

As for the art, that would involved editing the code and or art in the MazzleUI add-on.
I actually had a lot of trouble moving/resizing the chat boxes as well. Ultimately I ended up editing their positions by hand in the layout-cache.txt file buried in the WTF directory.

02-13-07, 10:43 AM   #112
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
The chat boxes are controlled by the mod PRAT- you can find it's options in DeuceCommander. (I learned that by looking at the FAQ/Options window. ) From there, you can fiddle with lots of stuff- turning the tabs/arrows on and off, changing colors, changing how it abbreviates channels, font size, etc.

02-13-07, 11:13 AM   #113
dorlf
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Seerah
The chat boxes are controlled by the mod PRAT- you can find it's options in DeuceCommander. (I learned that by looking at the FAQ/Options window. ) From there, you can fiddle with lots of stuff- turning the tabs/arrows on and off, changing colors, changing how it abbreviates channels, font size, etc.
I'm not concerned with the formatting of the chat text in any way at all - for me the problem was literally getting the frame to allow itself to be resized, even after unlocking it. I explored the options in Prat, and its possible I missed one that unlocks the resizing options, but I don't think so.

Anyway, as someone else mentioned - this is the wrong forum for this discussion.

Last edited by dorlf : 02-13-07 at 11:17 AM.

02-13-07, 11:44 AM   #114
owensd
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by dorlf
I'm not concerned with the formatting of the chat text in any way at all - for me the problem was literally getting the frame to allow itself to be resized, even after unlocking it. I explored the options in Prat, and its possible I missed one that unlocks the resizing options, but I don't think so.

Anyway, as someone else mentioned - this is the wrong forum for this discussion.
Prat has a setting for min/max sizes of the chat windows. This seemed a little buggy to me though because I had the min size set to 25 (assuming pixels, but that could be my problem) both vert and hor, but I couldn't seem to get it down that small vert with it enabled, so I had to size it horizontally the size I wanted - then disable the size restraint to size it vertically.

02-13-07, 12:20 PM   #115
dorlf
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by owensd
Prat has a setting for min/max sizes of the chat windows. This seemed a little buggy to me though because I had the min size set to 25 (assuming pixels, but that could be my problem) both vert and hor, but I couldn't seem to get it down that small vert with it enabled, so I had to size it horizontally the size I wanted - then disable the size restraint to size it vertically.

Interesting, I'll have to check that out.

02-13-07, 02:20 PM   #116
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Bouvi
I know you mentioned themes. Is this something you plan on adding? Will it keep the same layout but different color/art schemes? I would love to have the ability to update my own art and save various themes. While this may be out of the bounds of MuzzleUI It is something important to me.

Cheers,
I've planned to have themes for quite some time. It just hasn't even gotten close to percolating to the top of the to-do list. At one point, I even started workin on a red satin theme. There was a girl in my guild who loved to make DART art and was going to try to create some as well. Unfortunately, I think she has since quit the game.

The only caveat, though, is that there are quite a few constraints on the dimensions of the artwork. The positioning of the various elements make assumptions based on that size. Generalizing that away would be a lot of work.

02-13-07, 09:21 PM   #117
Zanatar
A Murloc Raider
To Mazzle: You mentioned this should be in the Suggestion thread, so here it is again
I really do think you have done an amazing job. I probably just haven't given the UI enough time. I might revisit it another time. But in the meantime, I really think people should be armed with this knowledge and I hope you consider adding a few lines to your install instructions.

If you don't mind a suggestion, I highly highly suggest you include in your Install instructions, a very visible warning that if/when you de-install MazzleUI to return to your previous configuration, that you will lose your spells/layouts on your spell bars and action bars and that they will need to be redone. At the very least I could have prepared myself by taking note what I had on my bars, before installing MazzleUI.

I think it *could*potentially upset alot of people who are just casually checking out your UI but with no warning if they remove it, of losing these configurations. It's a huge pain to have to redo these again unfortunetly.

Thank you, Zanatar.

02-13-07, 10:01 PM   #118
Kierrkian
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
Originally Posted by Zanatar
if/when you de-install MazzleUI to return to your previous configuration, that you will lose your spells/layouts on your spell bars and action bars and that they will need to be redone..
Zan, this has nothing to do with the UI. The spells/button placement is stored server side so when you removed the UI they would not be in the right places with the default blizzard UI. Infact, if you use mazzle on 2 different pc and change the layout for the same character on different computers when you log into the other computer they will be screwed up ( changed to match placement from other computer ) the same goes for running same character on 2 pc's with the default UI. So... asking for a disclaimer from Mazz is not needed.

02-13-07, 11:21 PM   #119
owensd
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Kierrkian
Zan, this has nothing to do with the UI. The spells/button placement is stored server side so when you removed the UI they would not be in the right places with the default blizzard UI. Infact, if you use mazzle on 2 different pc and change the layout for the same character on different computers when you log into the other computer they will be screwed up ( changed to match placement from other computer ) the same goes for running same character on 2 pc's with the default UI. So... asking for a disclaimer from Mazz is not needed.
Not everyone knows this so putting a little note on the install instructions, especially the part about backing up your old settings, would be helpful to those that don't know. When people see instructions on how to save their old settings, it can be confusing/frustrating to them when they are unable to restore them they thought they were going to be restored.

02-13-07, 11:32 PM   #120
123noob
A Frostmaul Preserver

I've planned to have themes for quite some time. It just hasn't even gotten close to percolating to the top of the to-do list. At one point, I even started workin on a red satin theme. There was a girl in my guild who loved to make DART art and was going to try to create some as well. Unfortunately, I think she has since quit the game.

The only caveat, though, is that there are quite a few constraints on the dimensions of the artwork. The positioning of the various elements make assumptions based on that size. Generalizing that away would be a lot of work.
By themes, do you just want to have same layout but with different type of background textures? If so, then I can lend a hand in creating one of my all-time-favorite theme, EverQuest, when I used to make these compilations back then. Here's the screenshot of it.

123noob EverQuest

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » OLD Feature Requests and All Other Suggestions OLD