10-09-08, 03:31 AM   #1121
Seer
A Molten Giant
Originally Posted by spiel2001 View Post
I'm sure those who have tried to use Beta 2 with WotLK (WoW 3.0) can attest to the fact that I have much work to do...
That's an understatement ?

Just a heads up, in case you haven't noticed, but are you also aware that during certain quests Blizard puts up a radical different UI ?

Like during the Death Knight quest line you have to control a cannon and the the default bars are replaced with a different panel.. There are other examples, where you get to control a special mount, and tho I haven't played PvP wintergrasp I suppose controlling the vehicles give something similar..

Anyway, good luck..

Last edited by Seer : 10-09-08 at 03:45 AM.

10-10-08, 10:55 AM   #1122
Azukar
A Kobold Labourer
Hi I got a problem with nUI.

When i login with my chars i get a Errormessage

"nUI_SlashCommands.lua:237: attempt to index field '?' (a nil Value)"

This is the broken line:

if strlower( nUI_SlashCommands[i].command ) == command then

what can i do ?

here the whole part:

Code:
-- add a command to the list of known commands

function nUI_SlashCommands:setHandler( command, handler )

local command = strlower( command );

CommandMethods[command]        = {};
	CommandMethods[command].method = handler;

for i=1,#nUI_SlashCommands do
		if strlower( nUI_SlashCommands[i].command ) == command then
			CommandMethods[command].master_key = i;
			break;
		end
	end
end

(sry for my bad english)

Last edited by Azukar : 10-11-08 at 02:40 AM.

10-11-08, 11:12 AM   #1123
Razzums
A Kobold Labourer
How can I change the font size? /nui fontsize 8 does not work, font is way to big for me.

10-11-08, 11:51 AM   #1124
gothicknight
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Scott, i think i speak for most if not all of nUI users that we greatly appreciate your work as well as the time and effort you are putting into this even though you have a new jod, and while some of us my not be able to show our appreciation by donations, you have our full support. Keep up the great mate, and, even though the patch comes out this comming tuesday (officially announced at Blizzcon ) i am sure you will have at least something to tell us if not a release.

Again thank you so much for your work.

10-11-08, 08:01 PM   #1125
blackfirefox
An Aku'mai Servant

Originally Posted by gothicknight View Post
Scott, i think i speak for most if not all of nUI users that we greatly appreciate your work as well as the time and effort you are putting into this even though you have a new jod, and while some of us my not be able to show our appreciation by donations, you have our full support. Keep up the great mate, and, even though the patch comes out this comming tuesday (officially announced at Blizzcon ) i am sure you will have at least something to tell us if not a release.

Again thank you so much for your work.
Totally agree with gothicknight here, Scott you have done an awesome job, always looking for more and more, but patiently.

10-11-08, 08:59 PM   #1126
Jungleanimal
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
I will admit that I don't pay attentions to bugs very much unless they affect me so I'm sorry if this has been posted before or already in the list. I was in a group and we were trying to join BG's and I got lost on which one to join. They told me to click my horde minimap icon. I went to my minimap button bag and found I had a lot of buttons but no horde button. When I tried to click the down arrow it got an error and then after that no other buttons. Here is a screenshot. Also, I know the patch is out Tuesday so this is a minor issue prolly but here is the info anyway just for the list of things to make your brain hurt.

Date: 2008-10-11 21:08:41
ID: 51
Error occured in: Global
Count: 63
DropDownList1:SetPoint(): Couldn't find region named 'nUI_ButtonBagLeft'
Debug:
(tail call): ?
[C]: ?
[C]: SetPoint()
..\FrameXML\UIDropDownMenu.lua:665: ToggleDropDownMenu()
[string "*:OnClick"]:1:
[string "*:OnClick"]:1
AddOns:
AtlasLoot, vAtlasLoot Enhanced v4.06.04
AucAdvanced, v5.0.0
AucFilterBasic, v5.0.0 (BillyGoat)

10-12-08, 09:57 AM   #1127
gothicknight
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Omen3

Scott in case u didnt alrdy no this, but Omen2 will be dead in 3.0.2. So any plans to implement Omen3 in the next release please. I am not sure abouut recount at the moment but i am pretty sure a new Recount will be out as well

Like i said that is just in case u didnt alrdy no this.

Thanx

10-12-08, 11:30 AM   #1128
bobace
A Kobold Labourer
Using other UI

First: I am sorry for my very bad english. This addon is awesome, thanks to do it, all respect to you. Especialy I love the infopanels integrity.
I just want to ask is it possible to use other unitframes addon instead of your Units? Its not bad just i need some extra configuration options for it. I could modify some options in code, but the result was not too great
So my question is: Can i keep the UI change button (Player/Party/Raid10) when i use Pitbull or other UI addon and i still can switch with the button?
Thanks your answer. Sorry for bother.

10-12-08, 11:51 AM   #1129
Sharkish
A Kobold Labourer
First I would love to say that I love this add on ever so much. It is brilliant and replaces so many add ons for my WoW. My favourite part is the experience bar, it always made me mad since you could never get it the way you want. Now its perfectly compact and not taking up the whole underside of my screen. I haven't read this entire thread so if the questions I have are already up I am sorry. I was wondering if it is possible to put the level of the creature to the right of the HUD, not the whole screen, just have it say the level under humanoid or whatever type it is
Is it also possible to move the mini map more into my line of sight, off the dashboard. Its for when I am on a character with gathering professions, also it would be nice to replace my mini map with grid for my healer in the dashboard. WINK WINK. Haha. Regardless this add on is absolutely fantastic and thank you so much.

10-12-08, 10:39 PM   #1130
mscott998
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
Nui 3.0

Any chance of an update for 3.0?

10-12-08, 10:53 PM   #1131
nightgaze
A Defias Bandit
I believe he is working on a 3.0 update just not sure with all the changes if he will get it done by Tuesday.

He does have a new job now so cant spend as much time on the plug in as he used to. congrats by the way.

But I do believe he is working hard on it.

10-13-08, 01:23 PM   #1132
spiel2001
nUI's Author

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
An update...

It is my understanding that the 3.0 will be out tomorrow. I had really hoped I would get one more week, but such is clearly not the case.

At this time nUI is still not ready to go. I have been on it as much as I possibly can be. As best as I can tell, I think the only critical stumbling block at this point is the new secure state logic which, unfortunately, the unit panels, the info panels, the HUD and the button bag are all reliant on. I'm doing everything I can to try and find a workaround this evening and have at least a mostly functional version I can offer for download tomorrow morning when they're doing the patch.

I am *not* terribly confident nUI will be stable by tomorrow morning, but I'm doing my best.

What people don't get is that I am, ultimately, an artist at heart.
My brush has two colors, 1 and 0, and my canvas is made of silicon.

Official nUI Web Site: http://www.nUIaddon.com
Official nUI Support Forum: http://forums.nUIaddon.com
My day job: http://www.presidio.com/

10-13-08, 09:24 PM   #1133
iljott
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

It is my understanding that the 3.0 will be out tomorrow. I had really hoped I would get one more week, but such is clearly not the case.

At this time nUI is still not ready to go. I have been on it as much as I possibly can be. As best as I can tell, I think the only critical stumbling block at this point is the new secure state logic which, unfortunately, the unit panels, the info panels, the HUD and the button bag are all reliant on. I'm doing everything I can to try and find a workaround this evening and have at least a mostly functional version I can offer for download tomorrow morning when they're doing the patch.

I am *not* terribly confident nUI will be stable by tomorrow morning, but I'm doing my best.
Don't worry mate - we all know you're doing your best! If it's not ready by the time 3.0 is out, then we'll wait until you have had enough time to fix things. Thanks for your hard work as always!

10-14-08, 05:23 AM   #1134
spiel2001
nUI's Author

Another update...

Well... I worked on it as late as I could last night, it didn't help that the test server was down for quite a while, and I've worked on it more this morning, but I'm out of time as I have to head in to work. So... I'm afraid the update will not be ready for download by the time the servers come up this evening.

I will be picking it back up when I get home from work around 5:30 eastern which is about the time the servers will be coming back up. That may actually help a little since I won't have to worry about them going offline as the test servers have a habit of doing.

I'll post again this evening with a progress report.

What people don't get is that I am, ultimately, an artist at heart.
My brush has two colors, 1 and 0, and my canvas is made of silicon.

Official nUI Web Site: http://www.nUIaddon.com
Official nUI Support Forum: http://forums.nUIaddon.com
My day job: http://www.presidio.com/

10-14-08, 05:30 AM   #1135
Kodewulf
Premium Member

Premium Member
but I'm out of time as I have to head in to work.
Companies should give addon developers the day off on patch day. Would make things so much easier...

Thanks for keeping us in the loop.

10-14-08, 10:44 AM   #1136
havoxx
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Well... I worked on it as late as I could last night, it didn't help that the test server was down for quite a while, and I've worked on it more this morning, but I'm out of time as I have to head in to work. So... I'm afraid the update will not be ready for download by the time the servers come up this evening.

I will be picking it back up when I get home from work around 5:30 eastern which is about the time the servers will be coming back up. That may actually help a little since I won't have to worry about them going offline as the test servers have a habit of doing.

I'll post again this evening with a progress report.
Thanks for working so hard on this addon, I know I can't be without it, it is really the best UI I've used in a long time, I can personally suffer with blizzards crappy UI for a little while, so take you're time and make sure nUI works .

10-14-08, 07:06 PM   #1137
Archippus
A Cyclonian
Whoah... playing w/out nUI after so many weeks of playing with nUI... all my buttons look so HUGE.

10-14-08, 09:53 PM   #1138
fred
A Cobalt Mageweaver
Thanks for the heads up scott, and yup, the game looks radically different

10-15-08, 05:25 AM   #1139
gothicknight
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

I would just to say thank you spiel for not updating nUI. I have been looking for a reason to take a break from wow, and now i have it.

I cant play without nUI. I am too used to it lol.

So thanx again mate and keep up the great work

Last edited by gothicknight : 10-15-08 at 08:46 PM. Reason: Bloody keyboard can't spell lol

10-15-08, 02:50 PM   #1140
COCIO
A Kobold Labourer
Thanks 4 a great ui i cant wait to get the update
but now i have to go to sleep so i hope it is ready i the morning

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Support » nUI: Technical Support » nUI -- A full feature standalone UI replacement