02-05-17, 10:05 AM   #1
Miscorr
A Kobold Labourer
Lua Error - 'settargetclampinginsets()'.

Hello, since long time i recive tons of lua error with protected function 'settargetclampinginsets()' and 'compatraidframes'. It occurs almost everytime i leave combat and i have no idea why it happens. I already tried to reinstall all addons, disableing them one by one to find which one it does, replacing addons like skada with details but nothing works. The error text looks like:

Message: ADDON_ACTION_BLOCKED: Skada tried to call the protected function 'SetTargetClampingInsets()'.
Time: 02/05/17 16:56:25
Count: 693
Stack: [string "safecall Dispatcher[3]"]:4: in function <[string "safecall Dispatcher[3]"]:4>
[C]: ?
[string "safecall Dispatcher[3]"]:13: in function `?'
...ack\Libs\CallbackHandler-1.0\CallbackHandler-1.0.lua:92: in function `Fire'
...AddOns\ElvUI\Libraries\AceEvent-3.0\AceEvent-3.0.lua:120: in function <...AddOns\ElvUI\Libraries\AceEvent-3.0\AceEvent-3.0.lua:119>
[C]: in function `SetTargetClampingInsets'
...e\AddOns\Blizzard_NamePlates\Blizzard_NamePlates.lua:221: in function `SetupClassNameplateBars'
...e\AddOns\Blizzard_NamePlates\Blizzard_NamePlates.lua:74: in function `OnNamePlateAdded'
...e\AddOns\Blizzard_NamePlates\Blizzard_NamePlates.lua:38: in function <...e\AddOns\Blizzard_NamePlates\Blizzard_NamePlates.lua:32>

Locals: <none>
Message: ADDON_ACTION_BLOCKED: Skada tried to call the protected function 'setInsetFn()'.
Time: 02/05/17 16:16:28
Count: 1
Stack: [string "safecall Dispatcher[3]"]:4: in function <[string "safecall Dispatcher[3]"]:4>
[C]: ?
[string "safecall Dispatcher[3]"]:13: in function `?'
...ack\Libs\CallbackHandler-1.0\CallbackHandler-1.0.lua:92: in function `Fire'
...AddOns\ElvUI\Libraries\AceEvent-3.0\AceEvent-3.0.lua:120: in function <...AddOns\ElvUI\Libraries\AceEvent-3.0\AceEvent-3.0.lua:119>
[C]: in function `setInsetFn'
...e\AddOns\Blizzard_NamePlates\Blizzard_NamePlates.lua:111: in function `UpdateInsetsForType'
...e\AddOns\Blizzard_NamePlates\Blizzard_NamePlates.lua:100: in function `ApplyFrameOptions'
...e\AddOns\Blizzard_NamePlates\Blizzard_NamePlates.lua:71: in function `OnNamePlateAdded'
...e\AddOns\Blizzard_NamePlates\Blizzard_NamePlates.lua:38: in function <...e\AddOns\Blizzard_NamePlates\Blizzard_NamePlates.lua:32>

Locals: <none>
The most curious fact is when i disable both skada and details then other addons stats showing this error.
As base addons i'm using ElvUI with Kuinameplates
02-05-17, 10:23 AM   #2
Fizzlemizz
I did that?

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
These errors usually indicate taint has caused an error and rarely points to the actual addon causing the original taint.

This means disabling addons and brining them back in small groups then once you find a goup which causes the error, refining that group down by disabling single addons in it until you find the one that when diabled, stops causing the error.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Lua Error - 'settargetclampinginsets()'.