08-12-09, 12:07 PM   #1
davdman75
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
a little help

how do i get rid of the the black bars on the top of the screen to use titan instead? like in this screen shot?

http://s.wowinterface.com/preview/pvw29905.jpg

what i would like to do is get rid of the top black bars,put in titan panel and put the micro menu right under titan.

if anyone could help a bro out, id be very grateful.

thanks

08-12-09, 12:10 PM   #2
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
The way you do that is by using a different art skin available from the nUI optional downloads page. Once you have that installed you can then use /nui movers to move the relevant parts of the nUI interface away from the top of the screen to wherever else you want.

Characters:
Gwynedda - 70 - Demon Warlock
Galaviel - 65 - Resto Druid
Gamaliel - 61 - Disc Priest
Gwynytha - 60 - Survival Hunter
Lienae - 60 - Resto Shaman
Plus several others below level 60

Info Panel IDs : http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...818#post136818

08-12-09, 12:14 PM   #3
davdman75
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Xrystal View Post
The way you do that is by using a different art skin available from the nUI optional downloads page. Once you have that installed you can then use /nui movers to move the relevant parts of the nUI interface away from the top of the screen to wherever else you want.
i tried what you suggested, using the hunter nui addon that dude made in the screenie, and for some reason it doesnt work.

it doesnt show up in the addon list like the art skins do. is there a slash command to load that ui?

thanks in advance

08-12-09, 12:17 PM   #4
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
You install the addon like any other. Then once you load up wow it should appear in the list of addons. If it doesn't you have either placed the wrong folder into the Interface/AddOns folder or in the wrong folder altogether.

An example:

I use nUI_Shaman Art addon. So my addon path would be as follows:

Interface/AddOns/nUI_Shaman/

With a file in that folder called nUI_Shaman.toc. If you do not see something similar for the hunter addon then something went wrong with the install.

Characters:

08-12-09, 03:08 PM   #5
davdman75
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Xrystal View Post
You install the addon like any other. Then once you load up wow it should appear in the list of addons. If it doesn't you have either placed the wrong folder into the Interface/AddOns folder or in the wrong folder altogether.

An example:

I use nUI_Shaman Art addon. So my addon path would be as follows:

Interface/AddOns/nUI_Shaman/

With a file in that folder called nUI_Shaman.toc. If you do not see something similar for the hunter addon then something went wrong with the install.
something is wrong with the nui hunter file. i load up shaman no problem and other skins. but hunter isnt showing up in the addons list at all.

all i want to know is wheres the file in nui to get rid of the top nui bar so i can just use titan. would be great.

only reason i want to get rid of the nui top part so it frees up real estate on my monitor.

thanks-
d

08-12-09, 03:17 PM   #6
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
You can still use titan with the top bars. Just set the display to be transparent so that the nUI background shows through with the bar text. That was what I did until someone created an art addon that removed the art display at the top. Unfortunately that is currently the only way that I am aware of. There might be a way by editing the files but I have never gone that route before.

Characters:

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Support » nUI: Technical Support » a little help