04-21-07, 10:02 AM   #1
ClemSnide
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Arrow HiyoSilver

This thread will be for discussion and bug reports for HiyoSilver. (Hopefully more of the former than the latter.)

The current version is 1.0.2, and the rather quick upgrade from 1.0.0 was that I (1) forgot that taxis (such as Gryphons) were also considered "mounts" and (2) I left the debugging code in from the last update. Sigh.

Hope you like it, and hope some kind translators will contribute something better than the BebelFish translations!
04-21-07, 06:20 PM   #2
Farook
A Molten Giant

deDE-localization

Code:
HIYOSILVER_STARTMSG = "HitoSilver v"..HiyoVersion.." geladen. F\195\188r die Optionen, tippe /hiyo oder /hiyosilver.";
HIYOSILVER_LABEL_MOUNTTEXT = "Ansage beim Aufsitzen:";
HIYOSILVER_LABEL_DISMOUNTTEXT = "Ansage beim Absitzen:";
HIYOSILVER_LABEL_COOLDOWN = "Cooldown (Sekunden):";
HIYOSILVER_LABEL_OK = "Hinfort!";
04-23-07, 04:48 AM   #3
ClemSnide
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Thanks!

Thanks, Farook! I'll put your name in the next update. Anyone for French or Spanish?

I have uploaded v1.0.3 which does not report an error if you mount without any text entered. Cross fingers that this version fixes that problem.
04-24-07, 02:14 AM   #4
Shirik
Blasphemer!
Premium Member
WoWInterface Super Mod
French:

Code:
HIYOSILVER_STARTMSG = "HiyoSilver v"..HiyoVersion.." a charg\195\169. Pour options, utilisez /hiyo ou /hiyosilver.";
HIYOSILVER_LABEL_MOUNTTEXT = "En montant, dites:";
HIYOSILVER_LABEL_DISMOUNTTEXT = "En d\195\169montant, dites:";
HIYOSILVER_LABEL_COOLDOWN = "Cooldown (secondes):";
HIYOSILVER_LABEL_OK = "Allez!";
Take these with a grain of salt, as it's been a while since I've spoken French, but I believe these are correct. You were actually pretty close

Also, with the way you have it set up right now, I think HIYOSILVER_LABEL_OK could go two ways. In the French culture, "Allons-y!" would be the typically used translation (basically means "let's go!"). But for now, I left it as "Allez" as you had, because that is the literal translation of "Go" (or in your context, "Away!"). However, I would recommend making that "Allons-y," as it would be a better translation. I just left it this way because I wasn't sure quite where you used it in your program.
しりたくなかったんだ
It's my turn next.

Shakespeare liked regexes too!
/(bb|[^b]{2})/

Last edited by Shirik : 04-24-07 at 11:23 AM.
04-26-07, 06:23 AM   #5
ClemSnide
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Thanks!

Thanks, Shirik! I've put it into the localization file and it will show up in the next update.

I will go with "Allons-y!" The button in its plainest form should read "OK," but the Lone Ranger never said "Hiyo Silver! OK!" So, I say let's go for the richer language. Something that General de la Fayette might have said before leading a charge at the Yorktown Campaign of 1781.
04-26-07, 07:40 AM   #6
ClemSnide
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Problem mounts: A request

I'm working on the Talbuk problem. Would someone who has one of these mounts (Dark Riding Talbuk or Cobalt War Talbuk) please copy & paste the following into a macro and execute it:

/script DEFAULT_CHAT_FRAME:AddMessage(table.concat({GetItemInfo("MMM")}, "\n"))

(For MMM, substitute the name of the item you use to call the mount.)

Then take the result (only the first and last lines, really, are important) and post it here? In fact, it would be helpful if we could get an example for every mount out there. Thanks.
04-26-07, 09:22 AM   #7
ClemSnide
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Localizations again

For the Notes text, which is displayed in the tooltip on the "AddOns" page, I have

## Notes-deDE: Sagt einen Preisangabe nach der Befestigung oder dem Abnehmen.
## Notes-frFR: Dit une citation lors de monter ou de d\195\169monter.

Any corrections? These are the BabelFish versions.
04-26-07, 10:46 AM   #8
ClemSnide
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Version 1.0.4 notes

New in version 1.0.4:
Bug squashed, for the last time I hope, which caused you to Hiyo less often than you should.

You can now say or do more than one thing per Hiyo. Separate the individual commands with the tilde (~). This works very well with the new emote support.

Suggested by Briandre on worldofwar.net: Changing your mount or dismount text also resets the timer, so you will Hiyo the next time you mount if you have edited your entries.

Suggested by tdillman (same site): Emotes now work! You can prefix any of your Hiyos with /e or /emote (or the corresponding slash command for your locale) and it will act it out. (The example was "/e opens a can of tuna and sets it on the ground.")

Last edited by ClemSnide : 04-26-07 at 11:01 AM.
04-26-07, 05:52 PM   #9
ClemSnide
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Another new version

1.1 this time. Thanks to the Test Server I was able to buy different mounts and figure a few things out, like (1) how to reliably figure out the individual mount when it's used and (2) how to recognize more mounts when they're in your Inventory. Will it work on the fabled Dark Riding Talbuk? Geez, I don't know. It'll be ages before I have one of those. All I can say is that it should.

Remember that you can help. Use the little macro posted earlier on this page and report the data here. You'll have my thanks, and a mention in the docs if you're the first one.
05-01-07, 09:30 PM   #10
Farook
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by ClemSnide
For the Notes text, which is displayed in the tooltip on the "AddOns" page, I have

## Notes-deDE: Sagt einen Preisangabe nach der Befestigung oder dem Abnehmen.
Use this instead:

Code:
## Notes-deDE: Sagt einen Spruch beim Auf- oder Absitzen.
08-16-07, 08:40 PM   #11
ClemSnide
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Version 1.2.0 uploaded

Updated TOC to be loadable by client version 2.1. This isn't really necessary as you can just say "Load out-of-date AddOns," but it helps people who don't know that, and there were some minor localization changes too.

Also added the specific emotes. You can now /whistle for your horse, be /happy when he shows up, and wave everyone /farewell!

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Released AddOns » HiyoSilver