10-24-10, 04:03 AM   #1
yota
A Kobold Labourer
Noob trying to use nUI

I am a noob wow player - need some help with this interface stuff. They look cool and i would like to use this but - the addon says its out of date?

Not sure what the heck is going on. I read the faqs - and am unable to find anything to help.

So i subscribed to the letter got the access to the nUI+ version. Downloaded it and still not able to get this to work. I thought I would be able to unzip the files into the addons folder like other addons and log in and it would work. I see there have been skins updated post patch.

do I need to load the nUI core first?
are there addons im missing perhaps?
How do I get this to work?

Sorry for the noobness but I got ask the questions...

thanks for your help

10-24-10, 07:03 AM   #2
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Assuming you downloaded the nUI+ 5.07.05 Development version you should be able to install it like any other addon.

It's easy to confuse the development version from one that every day users would use. Think of it as like a beta test of the addon and you'll be set. Scott's betas though are pretty good. If you're a pally, warlock or druid you probably will need to find temporary addons to utilise the new power bars but apart from that nUI works with most other addons you may already use barring of course those that nUI provides itself such as action bars and unit frames.

Although, my best suggestion for a new user is to not install any other addon with nUI until you have played with it a bit as nUI provides quite a lot of functionality that you may have currently been using with many addons before.

Once you've played about with it and made your list of missing features you had before, find the addons you used for that and load them one at a time and make sure nUI doesn't have problems with them. Yes, unfortunately that happens, but Scott is good to deal with those type of problems unless there is a reason for the problem in the first place

Characters:
Gwynedda - 70 - Demon Warlock
Galaviel - 65 - Resto Druid
Gamaliel - 61 - Disc Priest
Gwynytha - 60 - Survival Hunter
Lienae - 60 - Resto Shaman
Plus several others below level 60

Info Panel IDs : http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...818#post136818

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Support » nUI: Bug Reports » Noob trying to use nUI