01-06-11, 01:42 AM   #1
pfcpapasmurf
A Defias Bandit
Question addons wont load for new character

I created a new toon, dwarf pally, when I load up the addons via ACP or from the character select screen only 3 addons come up, I'm still missing my main ones such as Titan Panel and Carbonite, yet when I load up my older toons its all there. Can anyone give me some suggestions as to how to fix that????
01-06-11, 02:49 AM   #2
Nobgul
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Well it could be a few things. The one that is sticking in my head most is addon loader. It is a addon that allows you to specify addons to load with certain classes or toons. Obviously I have no way of knowing if you have this addon installed but it is a place to start.

Now for a slightly crazy question. When you switch to a different toon and click the addon button how many addons are listed. Now switch to the new toon and click the addon button see how many addons are listed. If it is the same amount then make sure that Load out of date addons is selected at the top. Also in the top left corner of the addon selection screen there is a drop down box. It has selections for loading addins for individual toons or for all toons.

Are the toons on the same account? Not that i think this matters but hey ya never know.

I am sure I will think of more, but this is a good place to start.
01-06-11, 06:35 AM   #3
pfcpapasmurf
A Defias Bandit
The only way I would have addon loader is if it was downloaded through another addon, i removed addon control panel and came up with the same problem. As for the switch between toons; the same addons are listed for all toons i have, all of them on the same account. Ive chosen all in the upper left hand corner drop down and I've chosen the selection for the new toon as well. On all characters I use all the addons that I have and as for the the "Load Out-of-Date" selection I've always got that selected. :P Something else I just realized is that my toons in-game world of warcraft settings wont stay set after logging off. I set a tracker for an achievement, logged off, (before i realized the problem) and turned off the tracker for it the next time I played yet everytime I log in its being tracked.
01-06-11, 10:48 AM   #4
pfcpapasmurf
A Defias Bandit
Ok so I did a bunch of stuff that didn't help but i finally worked it all out. I opened the game itself as administrator and everything loaded. Apparently when i gave full permissions to WoW it didn't stick. :P ty for the time though

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » addons wont load for new character