06-30-11, 07:15 PM   #1
litesung
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Webcam suggestions!

I some questions (or one).

Does the Logitech C910 show HD quality with skype? (How about AIM?)
Does the Microsoft Lifecam Studio show HD quality with skype? (How about AIM?)

I've been searching for a while now (love reading reviews), but haven't had any solid reviews on their performance on skype.

Last edited by litesung : 07-08-11 at 10:09 PM.
07-08-11, 10:09 PM   #2
litesung
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

The c910 is supposed to be compatible with skype. What about the lifecam studio?
I'm trying to discover the full specs of each product through different reviews.

Any help??

Last edited by litesung : 07-08-11 at 10:21 PM.
07-09-11, 06:57 AM   #3
Ither
A Firelord

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
C910 does-- I have one and use it frequently for chatting with my family in Germany.

It also records amazingly well too--

I'm able to play my guitar while talking to my mum and she can hear it crystal clear.
07-09-11, 09:19 AM   #4
litesung
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Yeah, I spent a good amount of time reading on the C910. I favor the C910 and have planned to purchase it, but they have had it backordered at my local Fry's since last year. I was planning on purchasing it for $70 with the online price match but they said they wouldn't have it in stock for a while, so I am trying to find reasons to get the Lifecam Studio, or if I should just wait and try to find the C910 at other places with a cheaper price.

For those who are curious as to what conclusions I came up with...

The Logitech C910 is dominant over the Lifecam Studio for these specific reasons: The studio has auto-focus lag, requires 3rd party software to make full use of 1080p video recording, Is 5MP with software to enhance the camera to 10MP, and it seems Microsoft designed it to specifically work with MSN messenger.

Although the Studio is more flexible in terms of manually positioning the camera (swiveling it in different directions, has tripod support and very flexible hinge), the C910 has close to zero if any flaws.

WoWInterface » General Discussion » Tech Chat » Webcam suggestions!