Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
05-05-11, 01:03 PM   #1
Golle
A Kobold Labourer
Threat vs Border.

I want to start off by thanking the creators of oUF, thanks to you guys I get to have a really good time enjoying the thrill of "making" my own addon.

Doing the above I just ran into a problem. Working on my layout, which I use the oUF_Lily code, I've set my player frame to contain one big frame with a black color and I call it my Border. On top of it I have a Healthbar, Healthbackground, a Powerbar and a Powerbackground. The way the bars and backgrounds are positioned makes my background-frame, the Border, look like thin borders.

Lately I figured it would be cool to make that border switch to a red color whenever I'm close to taking aggro to alert me of this. Doing so I thought I'd use threat.lua to trigger a function to change the frames color, but apparently threat.lua requires me to have a frame called Threat so I figured I could just rename my Border frame to Threat.
But I can't.

If I rename the frame and its variables from Border to Threat the frame just doesn't seem to load, but the threat-function is called properly. If I reset everything to use the name Border instead the frame now appears but the function is never called. Here's the snippet's of code I'm configuring:

Code:
local PostUpdateThreat = function(status, unit)
	print("threat: ", status, unit)
end

local Player = function(self, unit, isSingle)

-- Threat/Border frame
        local Threat = CreateFrame("Frame", "PlayerBorder", self)
        Threat:SetPoint("TOPLEFT",0,0)
	Threat:SetFrameStrata("BACKGROUND")
	Threat:SetHeight(50)
	Threat:SetWidth(360)
	local Threattexture = Threat:CreateTexture("THREATLOL")
	Threattexture:SetAllPoints(Threat)
	Threattexture:SetTexture(.0, .0, .0, 1)
	Threat.texture = Threattexture
	self.Threat = Threat

Threat.PostUpdate = PostUpdateThreat
end
I found that commenting out the "self.Threat = Threat" line is what breaks the code. If I comment it the frame appears, but PostUpdateThreat is never called. If I uncomment it the frame disappears but PostUpdateThreat is called.

I'm confused.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » oUF (Otravi Unit Frames) » Threat vs Border.