06-02-09, 10:55 AM   #81
Torhal
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Silenia View Post
Which bar? Inquiring minds want to know!

Oh, be sure to ignore the giggles coming from the large table in the dark corner. It's not anyone from WoWI.
It's someone from Hello Kitty World?

Author of NPCScan and many other AddOns.
06-02-09, 01:38 PM   #82
voodoodad
Large, Friendly Letters!

Originally Posted by Dramber View Post
But do you put on womens clothing and hang around in bars?
Thats for me to know, and you to.... Ummm... NO!!! No, I do NOT do that!

~ no need to make the message completely obnoxious - Cairenn
06-02-09, 05:02 PM   #83
Dramber
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

That is NOT the secret word!

-Napoleon Dynamage
06-03-09, 03:25 AM   #84
voodoodad
Large, Friendly Letters!

Oddly enough, I'd prefer to see that picture than one of Margeret Dumont showing leg any day!

06-03-09, 06:50 AM   #85
Slakah
A Molten Giant

Being critical does not mean one does not like the site. If I didn't like the site, I wouldn't come. If I didn't want to see the site be better, I wouldn't be critical.
From what I've read of your posts it seems as though your only criticism of the MMOMinion is that it's not WoWM.

Maybe you could try constructive criticism, such as:
  • The Installer needs improving, such as options for desktop icons, and adding to the start menu.
  • The possibility to search for addons on WoWI through Minion (similar to WoWM)
  • Option to hide the WoWI news thingy.
  • Allow resizing of the Installed addons box.
  • Possibly replace the bottom right advert with a banner add next to the Minion Icon
  • Someone has suggested compiling the Minion, which imo could make it easier for your average joe user.
  • Better version detection
  • Add the ability to uninstall via the control panel.

For a beta, I found the Minion to be usable (apart from the installation problems, which were solvable for me, but I would imagine turn a lot of other users of the program).

P.S. Who designed the icon?

Last edited by Slakah : 06-03-09 at 08:31 AM.
06-03-09, 09:57 AM   #86
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by silentdabeast View Post
Me FREAKIN too! I made a new account on this site so I could get Minion and comment on it. I thought to myself "if only it can be better than WM". But it's not...it just isn't.

Frankly, and I hate to sound mean, but I really don't care about the author's rights here.

*the rest is snipped because it's redundant and doesn't belong in this thread*
/sigh

Minion is new. It's in beta. It's expected to be buggy at this point. If you download it and use it, then you agree and acknowledge to test it for bugs and report them as necessary. If you so desire, you can (and are more than likely expected) to make suggestions on improvement (doh! /facepalm..... now there's a novel idea eh?).

What is it with you people that download a beta program and expect it to be perfect or better than everything else? Exactly how is it going to get better if all you can do is complain and not give any corrective criticism to the aurthor? Who, by the way, is programming it for free for you.

I'm so irritated I can't even think of what else I wanted to say. Except that you ungrateful little ****ing brats are really beginning to get on my damn nerves.
06-03-09, 11:32 AM   #87
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
*ahem*

Back on topic.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

06-03-09, 11:38 AM   #88
MidgetMage55
Grinch!

/sigh

Minion is new. It's in beta. It's expected to be buggy at this point. If you download it and use it, then you agree and acknowledge to test it for bugs and report them as necessary. If you so desire, you can (and are more than likely expected) to make suggestions on improvement (doh! /facepalm..... now there's a novel idea eh?).

What is it with you people that download a beta program and expect it to be perfect or better than everything else? Exactly how is it going to get better if all you can do is complain and not give any corrective criticism to the aurthor? Who, by the way, is programming it for free for you.

I'm so irritated I can't even think of what else I wanted to say. Except that you ungrateful little ****ing brats are really beginning to get on my damn nerves.
Those types of people download betas to say *ive been using it since beta so there*. They never provide anything constructive. Generally just say its broken. And whine up a storm when its not perfect out of the box.

In short, epeen trolls.

Simply put. Provide useful feedback not just conjecture and hersay. If you have hopes for it then you should contribute.

I think Hong Kong Phooey was a ninja AND a pirate. That was just too much awesome. - Yhor
06-03-09, 11:54 AM   #89
Alarisha
A Murloc Raider

Um.... wow. What a thread. Minion looks good!

PS Maybe a clean thread, actually about the Minion would be good :P
06-03-09, 12:39 PM   #90
Tekkub
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by Alarisha View Post
PS Maybe a clean thread, actually about the Minion would be good :P
Or simply a big bold warning, with a link to that other thread, and then deleting any post made here after it that is about WM drama.
06-03-09, 12:48 PM   #91
LittleWhiteDove
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Enough is Enough.

The two people on this site who actually get paid to take care of it don't deserve these continual garbage attacks against them.

The site that Dolby, Kudane and Cairenn created for authors and gamers does not deserve these continual garbage attacks.

The volunteers who help moderate the site don't deserve these continual garbage attacks.

The authors, who take of their own time to make addons for the end user don't deserve these continual garbage attacks.

Shirik, who gave many, many hours of his own time to make Minion does not deserve these continual garbage attacks.

I don't give a damn if Minion is as good as Wow Matrix or not!!! Minion is still a BETA release and it will grow up in time. Minion is the downloader that is being created for use on this site and does not deserve these continual garbage attacks.

End users, such as myself, who use and like this site with all it good and bad points don't deserve these continual garbage attacks.

If you don't like the site; or don't like Minion; or don't like the authors; or don't like the moderators; or don't like the staff then PLEASE take your self and your garbage elsewhere. Most, if not all, of us have had enough. If you have constructive comments to help the site or Minion or the authors or what ever then put them in the proper sections of the forums otherwise PLEASE take your self and your garbage elsewhere.

In the meantime - Enough is Enough

PS The fact that you have been permitted to make all these nasty comments about the site, the staff, Minion, etc. proves to me that, with a few exceptions, the rules of the fourms for this site have been bent to the point of breaking in order to permit everyone to have their say. Not everyone will agree with me but at this point I don't give a damn about what some of you think. I am fed up with seeing continual garbage attacks every time I log in to check something on the site. Keep it up and there may not be a site, or staff, or volunteers, or authors for you to attack.

Last edited by LittleWhiteDove : 06-03-09 at 02:03 PM. Reason: Correcting uploader to downloader - Thank you Tekkub. I had not noticed the mistake.
06-03-09, 12:50 PM   #92
Tekkub
A Molten Giant

Minionion isn't an uploader, it's a downloader...

Last edited by Tekkub : 06-03-09 at 12:55 PM.
06-03-09, 12:55 PM   #93
voodoodad
Large, Friendly Letters!

Bravo Dove! No one could possibly sum it up for us regulars than you just did! You get my vote for best post of the century award! (unfortunately, that only consists of a dancing banana)

06-03-09, 04:56 PM   #94
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
I have moved all the off-topic (WM) posts to the appropriate thread. This thread is for discussion of Minion. If you want to go on a rant about other things, do so in the proper thread(s)/forum(s). I moved the existing ones into this thread, but any future posts that don't belong in this thread will be deleted outright.
06-03-09, 08:00 PM   #95
Jalandar
A Cliff Giant
Originally Posted by LittleWhiteDove View Post
[size="5"]
I don't give a damn if.......
....you've had enough or not, I will keep posting as I see appropriate, critical or not.
06-03-09, 08:04 PM   #96
voodoodad
Large, Friendly Letters!

And my dad could beat up your dad too! Jeez, man... Grow up just a bit.

06-03-09, 08:13 PM   #97
Jalandar
A Cliff Giant
Originally Posted by Slakah View Post
From what I've read of your posts it seems as though your only criticism of the MMOMinion is that it's not WoWM.
Then you've not been reading everything, as I made several specific critical points in my first post, in reply to Voodoodad's chest thumping of Minion being > WM.

Originally Posted by Slakah View Post
Maybe you could try constructive criticism
I have. I also made the point that I think it was a mistake to release Minion in its current form. As a software developer, this is more like Alpha software that should have only been released to internal WoWI staff for testing. The kinds of problems and incompleteness in the product are not typically considered appropriate to release as a public beta test.

The fact of the matter is that, no matter how much you try to say to people not to, they will judge it by all of the numerous problems it has in its current form.

And to those who say the WM comments are offtopic for this thread, I will just remind you that it was the ADMINS and addon authors here who kept telling the people complaining about the WM access shutdown here that this updater was the answer, and to wait for it. The inevitable posts comparing the two shouldn't be considered offtopic, nor should they be met with the kind of attitude they have been, especially since they didn't crop up until others started posting anti-WM comments because of Minion's release.
06-03-09, 08:17 PM   #98
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
That's enough! All of you, before posting in this (or *any* thread on this site) take 5 minutes before hitting that "Reply" button.

If you still feel that you need to say something, then read through the forum rules located here: http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=158

To those that have a bug to report about Minion, information on how to do so may be found here: http://minion.mmoui.com/faq.html

If you have a suggestion for Shirik about Minion, post it in this forum: http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/f...play.php?f=124

If you have a question on how Minion works, you're having issues installing, or anything else, the Minion forum is here: http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/f...play.php?f=124

If all you want to do is complain and not offer any constructive feedback, or if you wish to flame other posters on this site (that includes everyone, even those in defense of WoWI), then take that five minutes mentioned above to collect yourself.

This is the last warning for this thread.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

06-03-09, 08:31 PM   #99
Shirik
Blasphemer!
Premium Member
WoWInterface Super Mod
Okay, there have been warnings for days now, from 3 different people, to keep this thread on-topic and not about WM. I've now started to act upon that warning.

I'm not even going to look twice anymore, I'm just going to hit the ban button. Keep this thread on topic. I don't think it's a difficult request.

And for those of you that say "I don't think it's off topic, so I'm going to keep posting," keep in mind that we have a way to force you to stop, whereas you don't. You pay the bills, you get to make the rules, it's that simple.
しりたくなかったんだ
It's my turn next.

Shakespeare liked regexes too!
/(bb|[^b]{2})/
06-04-09, 01:04 PM   #100
Pharaunmizz
A Murloc Raider

What is it with you people that download a beta program and expect it to be perfect or better than everything else? Exactly how is it going to get better if all you can do is complain and not give any corrective criticism to the aurthor?
Blame google, imo

Also sometime in the near future we (mostly the software engineer in my lab) are going to tackle trying to write a data uploading module, hopefully I'll get some feedback to you on that topic.

WoWInterface » Site Forums » News » Your Minion Has Arrived!