09-07-10, 06:21 AM   #3441
blkdrgn
A Warpwood Thunder Caller

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Took some more suggestions and moved a few things. Everything is aligned now and overall it seems to blend well.

(BTW) look at that caster wayyy back behind me..lol. He died because on like the third spike rotation no one saw him back there...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	raidshot copy.jpg
Views:	826
Size:	1.12 MB
ID:	4812  
Missconstrew 80 Mage
-Many other lower level alts=)

09-07-10, 09:05 AM   #3442
sakurakira
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Originally Posted by Haleth View Post
The bright colour is the health lost, makes it stand out much more for healers who they need to heal.

And it's orange because it's a colour gradient :> it turns from green to red depending on high or low health.

Done:

Frankly I think I've hit a home run with this. All credits for the design/idea go to nin of course, these raid frames are a ripoff because I can't think of anything better for healers and I've always loved them.

The dps/tank ones are still the previous ones, I think I'll keep them like that.
What minimap addon is that?

Thanks <3.

09-07-10, 09:32 AM   #3443
Ither
A Firelord

Originally Posted by Leitka View Post
Added exp bar, rep bar at 80, bar is visible out of combat, in combat Skada appears in its place for damage/threat.
What exp bar is that?

09-07-10, 02:01 PM   #3444
zork
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Rings with sparks

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...rRingMod3.html

"I wonder what the non-pathetic people are doing tonight?" - Rajesh Koothrappali (The Big Bang Theory)

09-07-10, 02:40 PM   #3445
Leitka
An Aku'mai Servant

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Originally Posted by Minerv View Post
God damn that looks beautiful! That's all there is to say=)

How'd you do those borders? Are you using a texture with 3 pixels or?
a mix, my UI uses a lot of layering via KGPanels. If I don't need the border to be dynamic (for example, on the panels behind the chat frame and skada) then I use a black panel with a single pixel grey border offset inside the panel to form the other 3 pixels, then a grey panel to form the inner block. On elements where I need the grey area to be dynamic or on a seperate level (unit frames for example, since my cast bars are integrated into the border, idea I got from Ish ages ago) I use seperate black and grey panels to form them.

Hope that's clear enough.

Originally Posted by StormCalai View Post
What exp bar is that?
edited version of mExperience

09-07-10, 08:31 PM   #3446
Stanzilla
An Aku'mai Servant
Originally Posted by Leitka View Post
a mix, my UI uses a lot of layering via KGPanels. If I don't need the border to be dynamic (for example, on the panels behind the chat frame and skada) then I use a black panel with a single pixel grey border offset inside the panel to form the other 3 pixels, then a grey panel to form the inner block. On elements where I need the grey area to be dynamic or on a seperate level (unit frames for example, since my cast bars are integrated into the border, idea I got from Ish ages ago) I use seperate black and grey panels to form them.

Hope that's clear enough.

edited version of mExperience
looking forward to an updated download version

09-07-10, 10:29 PM   #3447
Porsha
A Black Drake
Finally done I think. I'm pretty proud of this UI. Thank you to all who helped me with code and inspiration. A special thank you to our very own Nin/twins because not only have I always loved his UIs, he's a very generous guy that tolerates all my questions and has helped me a ton. <3

http://www.wowuigallery.com/topic/gl...ed-1#post-2769

09-08-10, 11:07 AM   #3448
Blinky12
A Cliff Giant

Originally Posted by Porsha View Post
Finally done I think. I'm pretty proud of this UI. Thank you to all who helped me with code and inspiration. A special thank you to our very own Nin/twins because not only have I always loved his UIs, he's a very generous guy that tolerates all my questions and has helped me a ton. <3

http://www.wowuigallery.com/topic/gl...ed-1#post-2769
I love this UI :P, very original imo and has given me some ideas. There is a placement of a few things that i would change but overall i love it

09-08-10, 01:48 PM   #3449
Aftermathhqt
A Molten Giant

Added this nice stuff.. thanks to p3lim <3

09-09-10, 04:30 PM   #3450
haylie
A Scalebane Royal Guard

Got rid of the pixel fonts. Sorry for the washed-out colors; I'm using that bloom mod but the effects don't seem to show in screenshots. It looks much better in-game.

Edit: Totally off-topic but totally weird: notice the time in the lower left corner: 23:23
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WoWScrnShot_090910_232357.jpg
Views:	982
Size:	277.8 KB
ID:	4815  

Last edited by haylie : 09-09-10 at 04:32 PM.

09-09-10, 04:35 PM   #3451
Dainton
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Originally Posted by haylie View Post
[...] Sorry for the washed-out colors; I'm using that bloom mod but the effects don't seem to show in screenshots. It looks much better in-game. [...]
Use FRAPS or a similar program to take your screenshots.

09-09-10, 04:50 PM   #3452
haylie
A Scalebane Royal Guard

Originally Posted by Dainton View Post
Use FRAPS or a similar program to take your screenshots.
That seems like overkill for just a screenshot. I can live with washed-out colors

09-09-10, 05:01 PM   #3453
Ferous
Sheer Sense of Doom
You can also print screen and then just paste to any paint program :P

09-09-10, 06:05 PM   #3454
Unkn
Premium Member

You can also use the "snipping tool" with windows to get the Bloom Screenshot.

Works fine for me, just obviously gonna have a bit of the screen cut off unless you resize it before you take the screenshot.

09-09-10, 06:20 PM   #3455
OttoDeFe
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

(About 1/2 scale)

On my netbook - I have to thank Phanx for her oUF layout. Works beautifully in any situation where readability and screen turf is an issue.

And Quokka et al for AI-Art.
but if there's a war
I just don't know if a Bic will save ya..."

-- Last Offence

09-09-10, 10:01 PM   #3456
Leitka
An Aku'mai Servant

Not really much of an update since the last pictures I posted, just darkened some things slightly, added a bit more color and desaturated my icons more for aesthetic preferences. Swapped back to LitePanels over KGPanels and threw in an AFK timer for fun :P

New bar skin too. Not all that different, nearly identical to the normal one (LeiB.tga) except for the arced secondary gradient. Personally like the extra bit of flair it adds to that region, since my UI as a whole is very rectangular.

09-09-10, 10:40 PM   #3457
neverg
A Frostmaul Preserver

I really can't understand why people use pixels fonts. They are just not clear enough to read in a glimpse. Readability is important for me when playing a game that can be very frenetic. Ok, it does look good in a Screenshot Thread, it ends there. The other side effect is that it might make you use glasses when you're pass 40...

09-09-10, 10:46 PM   #3458
Leitka
An Aku'mai Servant

Originally Posted by neverg View Post
I really can't understand why people use pixels fonts. They are just not clear enough to read in a glimpse. Readability is important for me when playing a game that can be very frenetic. Ok, it does look good in a Screenshot Thread, it ends there. The other side effect is that it might make you use glasses when you're pass 40...
I actually find pixel fonts very easy to read, it depends on the person. However, I think people often forget that you don't (or at least, I don't, and most players don't) actually *read* every text they have available, a lot of it is simply aesthetic. This is why emphasis on the bar itself, and emphasis on coloring, is *always* stronger to me than any given font. I don't care what font someone is using, if they actually claim to read every text in their UI, then one of two things is going on; 1) they have very, very few text strings, which isn't bad, but is simply preference or 2) they're being distracted by a UI element, which is rather bad.

Simple answer though? People use Pixel Fonts for the same reason you don't use Pixel Fonts, the aesthetic and functional qualities of them are determined by personal preference. I'm still not sure why people feel the need to spark this silly debate every few pages, it really does get old. Some people love pixel fonts, some people hate them, either way they're not going to leave your UI if you enjoy them, or pop up all over your UI if you do not enjoy them, so it's best to just leave it at that.

Last edited by Leitka : 09-09-10 at 10:49 PM.

09-09-10, 11:08 PM   #3459
neverg
A Frostmaul Preserver

Imagine the Boss is about to reach 20% HP and it's entering Execute range, how do you predict that quick? You calculate the HP fill area? I'm just saying that nowadays I see people more and more concerned with looks that functionality. In beginning one of the reasons a lot of unitframes popped was exactly to centralize the UI and allow the player to get vital information quicker, nowadays it seems that looks trumps anything else.

Don't get me wrong, anyone uses what they want, I'm just discussing. There are other current trends like dark status bars all over the place. But pixel fonts I get even less.

Anyway, just my ramble.

09-09-10, 11:23 PM   #3460
Leitka
An Aku'mai Servant

Originally Posted by neverg View Post
Imagine the Boss is about to reach 20% HP and it's entering Execute range, how do you predict that quick? You calculate the HP fill area? I'm just saying that nowadays I see people more and more concerned with looks that functionality. In beginning one of the reasons a lot of unitframes popped was exactly to centralize the UI and allow the player to get vital information quicker, nowadays it seems that looks trumps anything else.

Don't get me wrong, anyone uses what they want, I'm just discussing. There are other current trends like dark status bars all over the place. But pixel fonts I get even less.

Anyway, just my ramble.
That "vital information" is the bars themselves, much moreso than the text, which was my point.
When you are actively LOOKING to read the text is where the difference between a pixel font and a regular font is least important, as you're focusing on it. At that point, any well-defined font works fine. In particular, I've always found pixel fonts a lot easier to read as numbers than as letters, so in this situation I'd see very little if any difference. Even then, if I had an execute I would be more likely to highlight that with coloration (e.g., at 20% the text would go red) or a static indicator.

Functionally a pixel font (at least, most, I'll admit that the font I use is probably quite difficult to read it you're unaccustomed to it) is identical to a non-pixel font, you simply have to be accustomed to the font. To some players, pixel fonts are actually easier to read due to being more accustomed to them.

The other side of *why* people use pixel fonts is simply size; you cannot achieve such small *readable* fonts without going the pixel font route.
There are places to use it and places not to, pixel fonts aren't ideal anywhere where a lot of text might be running together (chats, for example), but they're also not designed for such applications.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » UI Screenshots, Feedback and Design Discussion » Screen Shots of your UI...