09-14-08, 01:57 PM   #1
Tauranimus
A Defias Bandit
Names in Red

I've found a few of my favorite mods that work with beta and set them up, but when I check my addons on the login screen some of the names are in red. It doesn't say 'Dependency Disabled' it just shows up in red. On some of them the core addon works but the config or some other part of it is in red and doesn't work, any help?
09-14-08, 02:08 PM   #2
Slakah
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Tauranimus View Post
I've found a few of my favorite mods that work with beta and set them up, but when I check my addons on the login screen some of the names are in red. It doesn't say 'Dependency Disabled' it just shows up in red. On some of them the core addon works but the config or some other part of it is in red and doesn't work, any help?
Its because it's Load on Demand, I don't know blizzard changed it though.
09-14-08, 02:31 PM   #3
Tauranimus
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by Slakah View Post
Its because it's Load on Demand, I don't know blizzard changed it though.
So is there anything I can do to fix it? Or am I just stuck?
09-14-08, 03:29 PM   #4
Tristanian
Andúril
Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
You shouldn't need to "fix" it. The core addons should know when to load their configuration "sub-addons", so to speak. If they are not doing that, then the problem lies with the core, unless something has changed in the API (again). If you are so inclined to wipe the "red names" you can edit the .toc of a "red" addon and delete the "## LoadOnDemand: 1" line, save and exit (obviously this would mean that the configuration will load anyway and it may have other implications).
09-14-08, 04:45 PM   #5
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
I have found that they still work as long as, like Tristanian said, the core addon loads them when needed.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

09-14-08, 05:14 PM   #6
Tauranimus
A Defias Bandit
Ahhh, I get it now. I didn't understand what he meant by Load on Demand. Thanks for the help.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Names in Red