05-16-09, 06:49 PM   #21
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Tevar View Post
I have noticed that the subject of this post has shifted quite a bit. Should I close this and move my problem to technical support? I dont want to get in trouble for mis using the forums or anything.
I'd say we're ok. You're still a new user with big questions, so it's all good Nothing wrong with having the stem to stern configuration for you in one place

05-16-09, 06:51 PM   #22
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Scratch that I fixed it.

No more problems with the nUI or any of the other things I have running. I must say I have already fallen in love with this mod and gotta say... GREAT WORK to all the people who made this happen. I cant thank you enough for your hard work. I will be donating when I get a new job. I recently was laid off.

But when I get a new one which I'm going out to do after this post I'm definatley Donating. You guys have done some great work here!
Sorry about you losing your job, I know that feeling all to well.

And you can blame Scott (Spiel200) for all the hard work with the coding and many other faces you will see around here too. Everyone seems to lend a hand where and when they can

05-16-09, 09:40 PM   #23
Tevar
An Aku'mai Servant

Well I would be happy to help all I can, although I'm not quite sure what else I can do other than give ideas of what to add to your "To do" lists :P

I didn't quite solve the problem with the nUI rather I just made a custom binding so that when I press shift+ctrl+right click I get the menu. This allows me to do everything I need with the full functionality I had with my Healbot so I don't have to spend the time relearning my already well embedded Heal bindings. :P

This will allow for a most happy and smooth transition into this new world for me and my guildies.

I gotta admit I love this mod, I have tried and tested many and none gave me the full funtionality I wanted with a clean and easy to use view and interface.

With this addon I can go from intense raiding/instancing to casual laid back RP in a flash since the text boxes are nicely sized and when not in combat the UI is really quite clean and not distracting in any way.

Like I said I'm not much of a coder but I can give you a mean review. ;P

05-16-09, 09:50 PM   #24
Baltharus
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

AddOn Author - Click to view addons

Like I said I'm not much of a coder but I can give you a mean review. ;P
you big meanie

ill have to try setting up clique for my pally and try it out.. he is only level 73 and i play him from time to time.. mostly to heal instance runs for guldies that are leveling up in that range...

but on the whole i use nUI for all my toons.. and skada to.. cause skada is awesome... like waffles... cept less sticky.. but only slightly...

<.<

05-16-09, 11:30 PM   #25
Tevar
An Aku'mai Servant

World class *******

I think its like donuts with a nice cup of coffe in the morning... Feels like victory.

05-17-09, 02:31 AM   #26
Baltharus
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

World class *******

I think its like donuts with a nice cup of coffe in the morning... Feels like victory.
it may feel like victory.. but we all know only napalm smells like victory

05-17-09, 02:47 AM   #27
Tevar
An Aku'mai Servant

Haha wonderfull...

One of the few devices in the world that give the victim a taste of hell before they get there.

Woww this thread really went off target... >>

I just gave nUI a first full days test and I'm rather impressed except for the problems I caused by tinkering around (Which were easy to fix for the most part) It preformed falwlessly.

I have yet to give it anything heavier than questing my 19 priest with my buddies 18 warlock. But so far it preformed perfectly

That means with Clique I can efficiently heal players and pets. thats step one, lets see how manageable it is in a 5 man! Anyone here up for SFK? :P

05-17-09, 03:04 AM   #28
Baltharus
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Haha wonderfull...

One of the few devices in the world that give the victim a taste of hell before they get there.

Woww this thread really went off target... >>

I just gave nUI a first full days test and I'm rather impressed except for the problems I caused by tinkering around (Which were easy to fix for the most part) It preformed falwlessly.

I have yet to give it anything heavier than questing my 19 priest with my buddies 18 warlock. But so far it preformed perfectly

That means with Clique I can efficiently heal players and pets. thats step one, lets see how manageable it is in a 5 man! Anyone here up for SFK? :P
mmm SFK.. if only it wasnt 5am <.<

i have to say nUI is one of my all time favorite mods.. the fact that it does so much and that Scott is simply amazing

05-17-09, 07:42 AM   #29
spiel2001
nUI's Author

~blush~

Thanks for all the kindness in this thread... think I'm gonna have to go buy a new hat for this swelled head of mine now.

~lol~

What people don't get is that I am, ultimately, an artist at heart.
My brush has two colors, 1 and 0, and my canvas is made of silicon.

Official nUI Web Site: http://www.nUIaddon.com
Official nUI Support Forum: http://forums.nUIaddon.com
My day job: http://www.presidio.com/

05-17-09, 01:24 PM   #30
Tevar
An Aku'mai Servant

Since making my mage they dont make a hat big enough for my ego. :P

I have a rep on my server for being a ****y prick. But its ok because I ALWAYS top DPS without steeling aggro, and I always make sure I die before the healer.

I get stuff DONE! :P

BUt now I'm bored with it and wanna heal. So thats what caused me to co searching for a new UI.

I agree this thing does SOOO much for you. But I already have some suggestions for Scott. I have been through ALOT of different UI mods and I noticed this was missing a couple of my favorite peices of them.

05-17-09, 01:27 PM   #31
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Suggest away ... I'm itching to add something else to the infopanel section.

I agree this thing does SOOO much for you. But I already have some suggestions for Scott. I have been through ALOT of different UI mods and I noticed this was missing a couple of my favorite peices of them.

Characters:
Gwynedda - 70 - Demon Warlock
Galaviel - 65 - Resto Druid
Gamaliel - 61 - Disc Priest
Gwynytha - 60 - Survival Hunter
Lienae - 60 - Resto Shaman
Plus several others below level 60

Info Panel IDs : http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...818#post136818

05-17-09, 10:35 PM   #32
Tevar
An Aku'mai Servant

Well like I said I know nothing about coding or what it takes to go into making a feature like this....

But I was thinking about making it more functional for a healer. You already seem to have everything I could ever want on my arcane mage for DPSing and soloing. And with the runes enhancement its perfect for my blood DK.

But the only reason I delt with Healbot was because with its heal estimators I was able t minimize my overhealing with ease because it had a little half transulcent bar that would estimate what their health would be after the cast of your heal.

I was thinking that maybe you could create a mode for healers. Increase the size of buffs and despellable Debuffs on people in your party. Making the health bars bigger. I found that Clique works best with with your party and raid frames setup, and I'm not sure if you could integrate those features with it. Or if you would have to recreate your own take on a click to heal interface.

I was also thinking about how cool it would be to order the frames of your party however you would please. That way I could put things like the tank and off tank right next to each other.

Another thing I like about healbot was it was right in my face with everyones health bars so I could keep tabs on everything while still watching all the flashy booms of combat. But I have found that I sometimes get lost in the action of the game and forget to look down.

I havent killed anyone yet, but I have played chicken once or twice with my buddies health. Lets just say he wasnt too happy with me for the scare :P

So perhaps if there was a option to turn on and off a healer mode you could also add an option to make a sizeable healbot like interface to pop up on the screen? I'm acctually rather scared to make this third suggestion as the makers of healbot make one fighteningly glitchy interface. I have had it some major issues of it flipping bars on me mid combat so when I click ot heal the tank I heal the caster. So I'm not too hard pressed to push this feature if the consiquence is losing the stability of this fantastic mod.

All these are non necissary features or "Enhancements" for the mod. But all would be fantastic and make this already well rounded and functional addon even better. And with further expansion of the mod I can see it becoming a requirement for some high end raiding guilds.

Lemme know what you think of the ideas and if I should move this post into the suggestions forum.

*Edit*

Oh and also one of my favorite things abotu Xperl when used it was the lag estimating castbars. Made mounting up fast and taking off really nice. It was a little red bar that would appear at the end of the castbar so that when the casting reached it, you were mostly safe to move without cancleing the casting GREAT for mounting up and such. What it would do is monitor your latency and by that determine when the cast would REALLY be done.

*/Edit*

Last edited by Tevar : 05-17-09 at 10:40 PM.

05-17-09, 10:45 PM   #33
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
I think there was some mention before about the possibility of setting up displays based on healer/tanking/dps etc type of game play.

It may be something that will be possible once the layout engine is complete. I'm not sure though what the end result was on the question regarding a healer specific set up.

As to in your face. Thats why I still use healbot despite the glitches. I drag it out of the infopanel when I am in healy mode and place it above the raid frames. This way I can see whats going on as well as how the health bars are looking. As to the overhealing side .. erm .. that I never really look at but I know for a fact that I always top the overhealing chart. Probably because I like erm .. overheal

Characters:
Gwynedda - 70 - Demon Warlock
Galaviel - 65 - Resto Druid
Gamaliel - 61 - Disc Priest
Gwynytha - 60 - Survival Hunter
Lienae - 60 - Resto Shaman
Plus several others below level 60

Info Panel IDs : http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...818#post136818

05-17-09, 10:58 PM   #34
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Another option for healers is VisualHeal. it creates 2 bars on your screen. One for when you are healing, another for when you are receiving healing with estimations. I use it on my Pally that is Holy/Prot specced.

When you cast a heal, the bar will pop up and show your targets current out of total health in one color, and a diff color bar showing where their health will be when your heal lands. I believ it uses LibHealcomm so it interacts with damn near every Unit Frame out there.

***EDIT: There is also a Healer type mode showing health deficit (amount damaged) rather than the conventional view of current/max health. Cant remember the command offhand though, lol.

***EDIT2: Just saw your edit about the Lag bar. If you are using the HUD, with your cast bar shown, there is a lag indicator and also a GCD timer too. Largest portion of the bar is your casting, smaller blue bar above that is the lag bar, and I believe GCD was a red line at the very top of the casting bar.

Last edited by Vis : 05-17-09 at 11:02 PM.

05-17-09, 11:46 PM   #35
Tevar
An Aku'mai Servant

Yes genius me noticed that bar right when I logged into wow not 10 seconds after posting :P

And I will look into that visual heal addon aswell.

Thanks for the heads up.

And yes I already use the deficit setup

Although its not as nice as having a solid bar with numbers in it. I like the way Healbot showed the bars thick and has the numbers in it and I had percentages next to the health bars on my other UI which was nice too. So I had both in VERY easy line of sight. I have notcied that each party frame as the deficit show in small numbers on the top right of the frame. but its taking me some time to get used to seeing it. Thats why my overhealing as tripled since converting to this UI mod.

Not that its near reason enough to dump the mod. I love it too much, but simple things I have found that I could nitpick at.

05-18-09, 12:33 AM   #36
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

*SNIP* simple things I have found that I could nitpick at.
It's not nitpicking.....it's "Fine Tuning"

**EDIT: Latest version of VisualHeal is over at Curse.com with Pictures http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...isualheal.aspx

05-18-09, 12:51 AM   #37
Tevar
An Aku'mai Servant

Wonderful since I'm not on my gaming computer I will wait until tomorrow to get it.

But it still wont quite do hat it is I wanted. I'm still looking for a way to show the health of my party in a more clean and "Stand Out" Fashion. Much like the health bars on that of Xperl or Healbot. Granted nUI shows them and rather cleanly they dont quite stand out, nor do they show the values the way I'm accustomed. It could just be my fear of change. But who knows.

If there were a way to double the thickness of the party health bars and show the numerical values inside the bar while showing the percentages to the right of it. It would be wonderfull.

But as I said it would have to be a healing mode as most DPS and tanks wouldnt care to see things this way I'm sure. :P

A bad habit of mine.

*Edit*
Well I suppose I could just use Healbot in tandom with nUi and when it decides to have a siezure I could just make a move 5 inches lower and use clique on the party frames... But I just hate screwing with it if I die... Makes me wanna punch a baby... And nobody wants that... Do we?

Last edited by Tevar : 05-18-09 at 12:58 AM.

05-18-09, 01:22 AM   #38
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

LOL, I know right where you're coming from. My main is the healer, most of my alts are dps. I can understand the different views from the different roles.

It has been brought up before about having a few different sets (3 i think it was) of preset views depending on role/class etc. I know the thread is here somewhere, probably hidden from my sight in suggestions, but something that several people are looking for. So healer frames are in the suggestion bin, I know that much

05-18-09, 02:00 AM   #39
Tevar
An Aku'mai Servant

Yea I have glanced at that thread before. I suppose I should step in and pop up my hand in agreement.

Should you ever need help with the design of it lemme know I'm great at giving my two cents! :P

Honestly I have just been waiting for someone to tell me to shut this thread down and move it to suggestions since I have answered my biggest questions and am now looking to add in my opinion.

Not that I really have much of a place to say much as I am a new user and new member to the forums... Although I seem to have already been ranked up since joining from kobold!

*Edit*
Scratch that I know I have seen it somewhere but now I just cant seem to find it now.. Just my luck eh? I dont want to start another thread if one already exists. I would much rather just give it a bump than be "That Guy" who makes a double thread.
*/Edit*

Last edited by Tevar : 05-18-09 at 02:21 AM. Reason: Incompetance

05-18-09, 04:13 AM   #40
spiel2001
nUI's Author

problem solved ~grin~

What people don't get is that I am, ultimately, an artist at heart.
My brush has two colors, 1 and 0, and my canvas is made of silicon.

Official nUI Web Site: http://www.nUIaddon.com
Official nUI Support Forum: http://forums.nUIaddon.com
My day job: http://www.presidio.com/

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Support » nUI: Suggestion Box » New user BIG question!