07-14-09, 06:15 PM   #1
Deathj
A Kobold Labourer

Lightbulb Pally Buffs

Is the any chance of someone making an info panel mod for all of the pally blessings and greater blessings similar to the mage potral addon?

07-14-09, 11:08 PM   #2
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Rofl, I was thinking something along those lines for my priest/mage buffs so I can finally get rid of cryolysis as that is all I use it for now.

Technically it should be possible to make one to work with all classes and add the buttons dynamically

I'll have to look into it and see whats possible and go from there. Unless someone else was thinking of doing this ? In which case I won't be greedy and step back for someone else to have fun

Characters:
Gwynedda - 70 - Demon Warlock
Galaviel - 65 - Resto Druid
Gamaliel - 61 - Disc Priest
Gwynytha - 60 - Survival Hunter
Lienae - 60 - Resto Shaman
Plus several others below level 60

Info Panel IDs : http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...818#post136818

08-31-09, 04:58 AM   #3
Paksonarrion
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Actually, I love pally power, is there any way to fit that into an info-panel thingy?

08-31-09, 05:38 AM   #4
richwarf
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
I whold love to take a shot at this but i have no idear how to go about making any addon

08-31-09, 10:14 AM   #5
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Use either the Mage Portal or Professions InfoPanel as a guide.

Use wowhead to find the spellIDs for the spells you want to utilise and set them up in the list in the main file.

Use GetSpellInfo with ID to get the details, with Link to see if they know it. If they don't the button gets greyed out until it is known. I think I had it tracking level up or new ability learnt event so that it triggers an update.

Professions was based on Mage Portals and I know Mage Portals fitted 2 lines of centered buttons assigned to spells ready to press as required.

A little tweaking and removing of code will get you a working version to test out.

Characters:

08-31-09, 10:16 AM   #6
todd0168
A Frostmaul Preserver

Speaking of Mage Portals...

Is it possible to get it to restock arcane dust as well as the teleport/portal runes? Every time I finally get to the reagent seller, I just hit the OK button and forget to grab more powder.

08-31-09, 12:13 PM   #7
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Originally Posted by todd0168 View Post
Speaking of Mage Portals...

Is it possible to get it to restock arcane dust as well as the teleport/portal runes? Every time I finally get to the reagent seller, I just hit the OK button and forget to grab more powder.

grumbles ... rofl, someone asked that and considering it isn't a do all for mages and just mage portals I said no to them On the other hand, if there was a Mage Buff related addon then that would make sense :P

Characters:

08-31-09, 04:12 PM   #8
todd0168
A Frostmaul Preserver

Ok, let me re-ask this question. Where in the code could I go and tweak to add in the arcane powder, so that I may continue to be lazy and forget to actually buy powder without actually forgetting?

08-31-09, 04:22 PM   #9
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Ok, let me re-ask this question. Where in the code could I go and tweak to add in the arcane powder, so that I may continue to be lazy and forget to actually buy powder without actually forgetting?

Rofl, hold on, and my apologies for being seemingly unhelpful Here goes.

Okay in file MagePorts.lua

In function MagePorts_ReagentRestock(Confirmed) add the following before the for loops.

Code:
RestockList[GetItemInfo(17020)] = false;
if ( GetItemCount(17020) < MagePorts_Defaults.MaxRestockQty ) then 
	ReagentsLow = true;
	RestockList[GetItemInfo(itemID)] = true;
end
That should then allow you to keep the same amount of arcane powder in stock as portal runes. Of course you can change MagePorts_Defaults.MaxRestockQty to a specific value if you so wish. Although that same value is used for restocking everything further down in the file.

It should then include arcane powder in your restocking routine. Any other items you may need restocking then just copy that block and change the number to the itemID wowhead shows for it.

Characters:

Last edited by Xrystal : 08-31-09 at 04:27 PM.

08-31-09, 04:26 PM   #10
todd0168
A Frostmaul Preserver

Originally Posted by Xrystal View Post
Rofl, hold on, and my apologies for being seemingly unhelpful Here goes.

Okay in file MagePorts.lua

In function MagePorts_ReagentRestock(Confirmed) add the following before the for loops.

Code:
RestockList[GetItemInfo(17020)] = false;
if ( GetItemCount(17020) < MagePorts_Defaults.MaxRestockQty ) then 
	ReagentsLow = true;
	RestockList[GetItemInfo(itemID)] = true;
end
That should then allow you to keep the same amount of arcane powder in stock as portal runes. Of course you can change MagePorts_Defaults.MaxRestockQty to a specific value if you so wish.

It should then include arcane powder in your restocking routine. Any other items you may need restocking then just copy that block and change the number to the itemID wowhead shows for it.
Fantastic! Thanks a heap. Now, how do I set that to a different amount? Do I just change MagePorts_Defaults.MaxRestockQty to a number? I currently have it set to 20 of each of the runes, but I would like 40 powders.

/edit - sorry I think i just answered my own question by rereading your post. (answer being yes)

Last edited by todd0168 : 08-31-09 at 04:27 PM. Reason: cuz im a dummy

08-31-09, 04:28 PM   #11
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Fantastic! Thanks a heap. Now, how do I set that to a different amount? Do I just change MagePorts_Defaults.MaxRestockQty to a number? I currently have it set to 20 of each of the runes, but I would like 40 powders.

/edit - sorry I think i just answered my own question by rereading your post. (answer being yes)
I'm just seeing what needs to change with the restocking routine as that uses that value too.

Edit: Okay, here goes. Look for this block of code and you should see what I changed.

Code:
	-- Check to see if this is a reagent vendor
	-- If it is and we have confirmed restocking then buy the reagents
	ReagentVendor = false;
	for i = 1, GetMerchantNumItems(), 1 do
		local name, _, price, quantity = GetMerchantItemInfo(i);
		if ( RestockList[name] ) then
			ReagentVendor = true;
			if ( Confirmed ) then
				local count	= GetItemCount(name);
				local restock = 0;
				local maxstock = Mageports_Defaults.MaxRestockQty;
				if ( name == GetItemInfo(17020) ) then 
					maxstock = 40;
				end
				if ( count < maxstock ) then
					restock = maxstock - count;
					BuyMerchantItem(i,restock);
				end
			else
				break;
			end
		end
	end
That should then allow you to override the maxrestock qty for just the arcane powder. The same if statement can be used for any other item you want to regularly stock.

Characters:

Last edited by Xrystal : 08-31-09 at 04:35 PM.

08-31-09, 07:30 PM   #12
todd0168
A Frostmaul Preserver

Ok do I need to post both things or just make the later changes in that area? I am so lost as I am SO not a coder. lol

/edit - If I put both sets of info in, I throw an error on opening the reagent vendor. If I only make the changes you listed later, I throw the error only when I am trying to hit the ok buy button.

Last edited by todd0168 : 08-31-09 at 07:47 PM.

08-31-09, 08:00 PM   #13
todd0168
A Frostmaul Preserver

Ok, I give up for now. I can't seem to get it to work right, so if there is simply a way for me to just add the arcane powder to the item list and have it at least stock the the max of 20 I set that would be great. I tried to just add the itemID for the powder to the beginning of that line but that seems to break it too. So I will wait until you are more available and will try again later.

08-31-09, 08:10 PM   #14
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
I'll do some coding on it to make it more flexible and test it to make sure what you want will work. That code I posted was untested so it might have had some bugs in it.

Characters:

08-31-09, 10:06 PM   #15
todd0168
A Frostmaul Preserver

I'll do some coding on it to make it more flexible and test it to make sure what you want will work. That code I posted was untested so it might have had some bugs in it.
You da bomb.

09-01-09, 04:38 AM   #16
richwarf
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
Use either the Mage Portal or Professions InfoPanel as a guide.

Use wowhead to find the spellIDs for the spells you want to utilise and set them up in the list in the main file.

Use GetSpellInfo with ID to get the details, with Link to see if they know it. If they don't the button gets greyed out until it is known. I think I had it tracking level up or new ability learnt event so that it triggers an update.

Professions was based on Mage Portals and I know Mage Portals fitted 2 lines of centered buttons assigned to spells ready to press as required.

A little tweaking and removing of code will get you a working version to test out.
This is a bit pass me atm
I still at the marco area of coding...

09-01-09, 04:06 PM   #17
Paksonarrion
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Can you direct me to where I would look to learn to make info panels plug ins? I only have practice with c and c++, but if I can figure out how to make a plug-in for pallypower, it'll be worth it.

09-01-09, 04:33 PM   #18
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Originally Posted by Paksonarrion View Post
Can you direct me to where I would look to learn to make info panels plug ins? I only have practice with c and c++, but if I can figure out how to make a plug-in for pallypower, it'll be worth it.
My first plugin was based on the minimap infopanel and the combat log infopanel. Scott has put a lot of comments in those to help someone starting out. I never knew any lua or much xml knowledge before delving into this and like you pretty much c programming knowledge.

Since then I have moved on and learnt more and have tidied up the code somewhat to separate the infopanel coding from the addons they are pluging into so you might want to also look at my decursive / omen plugin as that is an example of such separation.

My more recent visits to infopanel coding is to create a self contained plugin that doesn't require any other addon. In that instance I had a separate lua file that contained the functionality and treated it as if it was a separate addon within the infopanel coding. The MagePortals addon is an example of that.

There are others out there and I am sure there are a few of us that can help you if you have any queries. But your first steps would be to identify the frames in the addon you want to reparent into the infopanel and think up how they can be anchored in there.

Characters:

09-02-09, 01:45 PM   #19
todd0168
A Frostmaul Preserver

So no word yet on the reagent thingy?

/sheepish grin

09-02-09, 02:46 PM   #20
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Sorry, not had a chance to work on them yet. Sleep pattern got totally messed up and Ive been waking up about 2 hrs before raid time rofl. Need to get repair money

Characters:

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Support » nUI: Suggestion Box » Pally Buffs