06-25-09, 07:02 PM   #21
voodoodad
Large, Friendly Letters!

Uh oh. This thread is now taking on supernatural overtones... And the CW show Supernatural just came on the air too!!!

~ no need to make the message completely obnoxious - Cairenn
06-25-09, 08:19 PM   #22
Yhor
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Silenia View Post
Ok, you need to stop that.. you just creeped me out big time. My roommate just walked in the door with a new submarine model (the kind you put together and paint.. USS Lionfish.. whatever that is) and my daughter was asking about an emblem on the front of the box. My roommate was explaining that it's what the submariners wore, or something like that. Then I open this thread and go to newest post and see your first sentence... creepy.

Guess ya hadda be there lol.
Did it make the hair on the back of your neck stand up?

*boo* (scared ya, hehe)

Was the emblem two fish (dolphins) with a sub in the middle? If so, then yes, that's what we wore when we became qualified for submarines.

As for the Lionfish, it was a very resourceful sub, I've heard a lot of awesome stories about it's adventures from friends of friends who served on it and watched video of one it's officers speaking about it. I wanted to see it at it's final resting place, but it was being serviced for public viewing fatigue (paint, safety, etc..).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DolphinsSilverDSCBF.sized.jpg
Views:	551
Size:	43.9 KB
ID:	2976  
06-26-09, 08:15 AM   #23
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Yhor View Post
Did it make the hair on the back of your neck stand up?

*boo* (scared ya, hehe)

Was the emblem two fish (dolphins) with a sub in the middle? If so, then yes, that's what we wore when we became qualified for submarines.

As for the Lionfish, it was a very resourceful sub, I've heard a lot of awesome stories about it's adventures from friends of friends who served on it and watched video of one it's officers speaking about it. I wanted to see it at it's final resting place, but it was being serviced for public viewing fatigue (paint, safety, etc..).
lol silly Yhor Yes, that's the pin!
06-28-09, 03:30 AM   #24
voodoodad
Large, Friendly Letters!

Ok, to review, we've covered the cost of stuff at higher levels, gold farmers/spammers and elitist players. We've also found out that Silenia gets creeped out pretty easily, and we've been reminded what a jerk Yhor is... (KIDDING!)

I'm kind of amazed that nobody has brought up all the idiocy that goes on in trade chat. I really wish Blizz was capable of keeping a tighter lid on this, but I guess I can understand why it's almost impossible. I think it would be cut way down if Blizz was a little more heavy-handed with the bans (temporary or otherwise). I know there are some chat filters out there to suppress certain things, but I wish it was possible to filter just plain stupidity. But, then again, I don't think my computer could handle that much of a load.

06-28-09, 05:24 AM   #25
Verissi
Premium Member

I left the Trade channel YEARS ago (same with General) for that very reason. When they lifted the restrictions on who can say things in WorldDefense, I left that too

These days, I just join the standard channels when needed, which is extremely rare. Fortunately, I don't conduct any in-game business outside of my guild or friends, so I'm not really impacted by the moron-a-thon that the Trade channel is these days.

Off-topic wishlist: a CapitalDefense channel, so I can help defend the faction leaders without being flooded by Grizzly Hills or Barrens attack notifications (I know I can filter them, but meh)
06-28-09, 02:27 PM   #26
Irgnoam
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
One of the reasons why I don't like WoW any more has to be all the gear/achievement elitists, really.

Within a week after Ulduar arrived, you needed Ulduar25 hardmode achievements to get into a Naxx10 PUG on Stormscale (eu). Yay.
06-28-09, 03:09 PM   #27
ravagernl
Proceritate Corporis
Premium Member
Originally Posted by Irgnoam View Post
One of the reasons why I don't like WoW any more has to be all the gear/achievement elitists, really.

Within a week after Ulduar arrived, you needed Ulduar25 hardmode achievements to get into a Naxx10 PUG on Stormscale (eu). Yay.
Funny, I have the same experience with stormscale. I have my hunter on it. I only play wow a few day's a week and got kicked out of a guild there because I was "inactive". And they only just raided Naxx 10.

I went back on my paladin on terenas and my guild think's I'm "hardcore pve".

I still wonder how PvP realms have this PvE attitude.

But then again, my current guild on terenas takes half hour brakes just because someone has to bring their kids to bed or any other reason ><

Last edited by ravagernl : 06-28-09 at 03:12 PM.
06-28-09, 03:15 PM   #28
Neef
A Cliff Giant

Aye, it has gotten rather stupid in that regard.
I once joined friend in a regular pug on my raiding mage. The tank and another dps were giving praise after praise about my dps and were "nice".
A few minutes after we were done the same two were looking for a healer for a regular gun'drak. I hopped on my lvl78 resto shaman and offered to heal. I was then berated in trade by the "l33t" guys for not being in all blues...
Sad thing is My mage is named Neef and my shaman Neeph...

My guild has actually made it an unwritten rule that before we accept anyone, we run a few instances with them with the purpose not being to see how skilled they are, but to chat with them. If they chat back and seem to have fun, we take them. If they're focused on loot or pay an unreasonable amount of attention to DPS/HPS/TPS, they are not invited no matter how good they are.
Way too many people treat the game like a competition. It's an RPG for crying out loud... not a FPS or Sports game.

But as stated above, the GMs are extremely lenient with what goes on in game. I would love to see a lot more short-term bans for the extremely irritating things going on like obscene joke-chains in chat, flaming, and ninja'ing.
06-28-09, 04:56 PM   #29
jadakren
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

It's an RPG for crying out loud
i have trouble with associating the term RPG with a game like WoW
06-28-09, 05:02 PM   #30
Neef
A Cliff Giant

Role-Playing Game

You make a character and play a role. It may not be a full-fledge character with a backstory and code of ethics like on RP servers or D&D, but you do take the role of Tank or Healer or DPS.
I know that using that rough definition almost any game can be an PRG, but I'm mainly going with the spirit of the term rather than the hard definition.
06-28-09, 05:42 PM   #31
Imakefood
A Warpwood Thunder Caller

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
ooooo ooooo i wanna complain about how 280% speed is too slow for northrend

I WANNA GO FAST(ER)!
06-29-09, 07:17 AM   #32
us2006027321
A Frostmaul Preserver

Originally Posted by Neef View Post
I would love to see a lot more short-term bans for the extremely irritating things going on like obscene joke-chains in chat, flaming, and ninja'ing.
WoW would improve ten-fold if this happened. I file full-fledged tickets on some of the obscenities I see in Stormscale Alliance's trade channel.

Oh, and if you're sick of elitist jerks (no pun intended) on Stormscale's Alliance side, come join us in <pancakes>. We should be raid ready in about a month max. Right now most of us are in Northrend working our way up. It should be good times soon. *squee*

06-29-09, 11:38 PM   #33
Neef
A Cliff Giant

I actually talked with some people before about this topic before.
A few have made the claim that a diverse online community can/will police itself.

The only problem is when you throw anonymity into the mix, there's really no way to do that unless you have access to the "on-off switch" of that person, so to speak.
Basically it's like one little kid annoying another. No matter what the kid says, the one annoying will continue to do so until forced to stop by an adult. Only in WoW the "adults" are kind of apathetic.
06-29-09, 11:54 PM   #34
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Originally Posted by MidgetMage55 View Post
* snipped *

I've been hearing from friend that frequent the blizzard forums that the hardcore folks are shall we say annoyed with the changes to the emblem system. While i dont totally agree (i think the truly insane deserve a little something) with the regular and heroic dailies dropping the triumph emblems i still cant help but get a giggle out of imagining people sitting at their computer raging over this. I get a warm fuzzy feeling inside.

People need to get back to their roots and remember its a game and its meant to be fun and entertaining. If you need a calculator and a spreadsheet to decide if someone should be allowed to group with you then you have bigger issues than just gear.
We were only talking about this in our guild today. Our initial thoughts were oh no, they're making things way too easy now. Then we realised most of us have alts that won't ever get to run raids as often as our mains so the odd heroic and 10 man runs will actually help them gear up to at least be useful in ulduar 10 if they need say a shammy healer that you just levelled in the last few months and no-one else is either wanting to or is geared enough to do it.

Characters:
Gwynedda - 70 - Demon Warlock
Galaviel - 65 - Resto Druid
Gamaliel - 61 - Disc Priest
Gwynytha - 60 - Survival Hunter
Lienae - 60 - Resto Shaman
Plus several others below level 60

Info Panel IDs : http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...818#post136818
06-29-09, 11:58 PM   #35
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Originally Posted by voodoodad View Post
Ok, to review, we've covered the cost of stuff at higher levels, gold farmers/spammers and elitist players. We've also found out that Silenia gets creeped out pretty easily, and we've been reminded what a jerk Yhor is... (KIDDING!)

I'm kind of amazed that nobody has brought up all the idiocy that goes on in trade chat. I really wish Blizz was capable of keeping a tighter lid on this, but I guess I can understand why it's almost impossible. I think it would be cut way down if Blizz was a little more heavy-handed with the bans (temporary or otherwise). I know there are some chat filters out there to suppress certain things, but I wish it was possible to filter just plain stupidity. But, then again, I don't think my computer could handle that much of a load.
Rofl, idiocy in trade chat ? Wouldn't have a clue mate. The moment I create a character the trade and general chat channels are removed from my chat window.

Characters:
Gwynedda - 70 - Demon Warlock
Galaviel - 65 - Resto Druid
Gamaliel - 61 - Disc Priest
Gwynytha - 60 - Survival Hunter
Lienae - 60 - Resto Shaman
Plus several others below level 60

Info Panel IDs : http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...818#post136818
06-30-09, 01:22 AM   #36
us2006027321
A Frostmaul Preserver

Originally Posted by Xrystal View Post
Rofl, idiocy in trade chat ? Wouldn't have a clue mate. The moment I create a character the trade and general chat channels are removed from my chat window.
Ah, I see. Well, allow me to give you an idea.

CHUCK NORRIS

Does that give you a general idea what we put up with?

06-30-09, 02:17 AM   #37
voodoodad
Large, Friendly Letters!

Originally Posted by us2006027321 View Post
Ah, I see. Well, allow me to give you an idea.

CHUCK NORRIS

Does that give you a general idea what we put up with?

Or...

Hand of Ragnaros

<don't know if I spelled that right, lol>

06-30-09, 09:33 AM   #38
us2006027321
A Frostmaul Preserver

Originally Posted by voodoodad View Post
Or...

Hand of Ragnaros

<don't know if I spelled that right, lol>
First of all, AMAZING AVATAR!!! I love Monty Python.

Secondly, I believe you did spell it properly, but to be fair, if no one in /2 cares about spelling, I don't think you should care about quoting them correctly. LoL

06-30-09, 12:29 PM   #39
voodoodad
Large, Friendly Letters!

Originally Posted by us2006027321 View Post
First of all, AMAZING AVATAR!!! I love Monty Python.

Secondly, I believe you did spell it properly, but to be fair, if no one in /2 cares about spelling, I don't think you should care about quoting them correctly. LoL
Tru dat!

Oh, the avatar... About the only one I was able to find so far.. I did find a truly amazing animated avatar, but alas, I'm not special enough to upload animated avatars here. Someday I will make an avatar of my own when I have the time.

06-30-09, 12:59 PM   #40
ravagernl
Proceritate Corporis
Premium Member
We are the knights who say Ni!

Back on topic, there's a lot of spam on my server with the word anal, people are making links like 'anal Armor Penetration'

WoWInterface » General Discussion » Chit-Chat » A new place to complain...