naeem151287
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
ty for all ur comments and help...tht rUI screeny looks a lot like LOTRO :P
11-10-07, 10:51 AM   #22
naeem151287
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

and since a lot of ppl have suggested to use Buffalo2...i think i'll replace ElfBuffBars with it
11-10-07, 10:58 AM   #23
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Originally Posted by Galinn
\But try to lose Skinner and try Eepannels2, its skinning unwanted stuff like Violation!
There is a skin for Violation because people requested that it be skinned. The reason why it gets skinned is because the Violation skin gets manually moved to the "skin me" folder in Skinner. So, Vio is skinned on purpose.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

11-10-07, 11:05 AM   #24
naeem151287
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

yes everything is skinned on purpose coz it give a very uniformed look...so no elements in the UI look out of place

P.S: I tried Buffalo2....i think i like EBB better :P
11-10-07, 11:27 AM   #25
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Then change the way EBB looks. You can change the texture, font, size, etc etc etc
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

11-10-07, 11:32 AM   #26
naeem151287
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

well the textures and font is set using SharedMedia...textures=Litestep and font=Segoe UI
11-10-07, 11:55 AM   #27
Galinn
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
Originally Posted by Seerah
There is a skin for Violation because people requested that it be skinned. The reason why it gets skinned is because the Violation skin gets manually moved to the "skin me" folder in Skinner. So, Vio is skinned on purpose.
Seerah shined it's wisdom upon us :P nope my bad then.. it just looks like it was skinner's work!

but tbh.. the skin suxx arse
11-14-07, 01:24 AM   #28
Diabolique666
An Aku'mai Servant
SLtimex display is to big and will look better if u switch position with minimap (why 2 different times?)...... Get rid of trinket and rock config mini buttons (Fubar?)..... Hude your bags and use BagsFU instead. .....Tooltip is too big and has too much info u dont really need....Use Geist for buttons that u dont need all the time and make some bars appear on mouseover....And independent advice: If you have many "bars" on the screen (Castbar, ElkBUffbar,Unitframes,Damagemeters,Bigwigs timers) then use SAME or similar texture for all of them...
11-15-07, 11:36 AM   #29
naeem151287
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

ok guys i am gonna need a little help...i just released my UI for the 2.3 patch...the addon directory looks like how its shown in the picture below...now i need some suggestions as to which addons can be removed or replaced with something else...my plan is to make a complete UI....so tht newbies as well as veterans have no prob with it

11-15-07, 11:53 AM   #30
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Originally Posted by naeem151287
ok guys i am gonna need a little help...i just released my UI for the 2.3 patch...the addon directory looks like how its shown in the picture below...now i need some suggestions as to which addons can be removed or replaced with something else...my plan is to make a complete UI....so tht newbies as well as veterans have no prob with it
Curious - if you're not done with it, then why did you release it?

Anyway....
- If you've updated AutoBar, you no longer need AutoBarConfig.
- Don't include the Blizzard addons in the download.
- CooldownCount has been abandoned for some time - use OmniCC.
- If you're using embedded libs, then stick with embedded libs - don't mix in standalones. It only adds to your download size, confusion for users who don't know anything about libraries, etc. Pick one or the other.
- EQCompare (while it does still work and someone bumped the ToC for this patch) has been abandoned - use tekKompare (unless you want the ability to disable hover tooltips in the chat window).
- I don't believe you need Mr.Plow with Baggins unless it does something I'm not aware of. Baggins already has the ability to restack your items to save space.
- If you wish to help your users save memory, then either enable unpacking in WAU or run the .bat scripts found in some of your addons to unpack them. (Cartographer, Violation, Quartz, Prat...) Then modules will be Load on Demand and users can enable/disable modules from the addon selection screen.
- Get rid of Surfaces. It's outdated and I don't think any mods use it anymore. It's been replaced by SharedMedia.
- What is WTF?

11-15-07, 12:05 PM   #31
naeem151287
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

ok removed Autobar config
Blizz stuff is never included in the download pack which i upload here
added OmniCC instead of CooldownCount
embedded libs are gone
added TekkCompare inplace of EQ Compare
removed Mr.Plow
removed Surfaces
and WTF is a backup of my WTF folder

ty very much for ur help Seerah

Edit:just chked on TekkCompare and i saw its not been updated for a really long time...got something else to suggest instead?

Last edited by naeem151287 : 11-15-07 at 12:08 PM.
11-15-07, 01:31 PM   #32
Slakah
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Edit:just chked on TekkCompare and i saw its not been updated for a really long time...got something else to suggest instead?
It still works does it not?
11-15-07, 01:44 PM   #33
Zyonin
Coffee powered Kaldorei

At last check TekKompare works just fine. If it is not broken there is no need to update it. The outdated mods thing is a joke IMHO and I know others feel that way as well.
11-15-07, 06:19 PM   #34
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
The difference is that EQCompare has been outright abandoned, and only kind souls will update it. tekKompare is still very much alive and well.

11-15-07, 07:32 PM   #35
MoonWitch
A Firelord
Tekkub's Google Code always has the most recent version, and it is, as stated, very alive.

Ps. Anyone else thinking Blizzard didn't check non-g-rated acronyms? (*.wtf seems a joke to me)

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Need Help With My UI