06-09-05, 05:14 AM   #21
Manwah
A Murloc Raider

Angry Flexbar and german server vs american server

HI

I cry !§"$%$%$&&/.
Ok the Problem is aktiv. Your Link CAIRENN is good very good but this is the american HP and i have a german game and i can not log on this page. That is very good Blizzard HURRY. But that is not all. Ok i thing i go on the german hp an i post my problem in the german forum buuuuuuuuuuuut i can`t this why Blizzard have server problems for a long long time ( i tele with blizzard).

So i send a messages to a german GM but blizzard say me that can wait a long time why problems *würg german have many problems.

So CAIRENN can you help me and post my problem on the american hp.
I have found the problem have with my PET. I aktiv with PET and i fight then become this bug. I have no PET and i fight i have no problems.

OK can you or another help my please

Thx Manwah
German 0 points American 2 points
06-09-05, 09:58 AM   #22
Manwah
A Murloc Raider

no problems more

Hi guys

a new patch version 1.402 and the game have no problems more

Thx all and cya
06-09-05, 10:05 AM   #23
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
I am very glad to hear that Manwah!

BTW, I'm sorry I didn't see your previous post, asking someone to post on the American Blizz forums. I was, unfortunately, asleep at the time. =/ Just glad it is working for you now, though.
FaceBook Profile, Page, Group
Avatar Image by RaffaeleMarinetti
06-09-05, 10:37 AM   #24
Beladona
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
May have found a way to put thsi fix into an addon so that people can install it easily without the need for a FrameXML hack. I don't feel confortable replacing UIPanelTemplates with a custom one, because not only are you replacing the problem function, but you are replacing all the other ones in that file as well. Future updates to that file may make this a problem, and people will still want the FauxScrollFrame problem fixed (even if temporarily)

I had a link up a short time ago, but after testing some more I found a slight problem. I ahve since tracked the problem down, so I am now working to correct it. Will post a new link soon.

Last edited by Beladona : 06-09-05 at 11:05 AM.
06-09-05, 11:28 AM   #25
Beladona
A Molten Giant

ok here it is. Devoid of any errors I can find, but I would appreciate feedback before I upload this as a viable fix to wowinterface. Basically consider this a Release Candidate...

http://0ctavius.com/FauxFix.zip

Basically what I found is this:

The old function use the following:
arg1, arg2, arg3, arg4, arg5, arg6, arg7

The new function uses:
arg1, arg2, arg3, arg4, arg5, arg6, arg7, arg8, arg9, arg10

However, in all my searches of the default FrameXML files, the ONLY place where arg5 is defined as anything other than nil, is in the BattlefieldFrame. It gets set to "BattlefieldZone". Every other place that FauxScrollFrame_Update is used, arg5, arg6, and arg7 are set to nil (or not defined at all, which is the same thing.)

So my addon script hooks the default FauxScrollFrame_Update function, and turns it into a detection script. Basically if arg5 is "BattlefieldZone" or if arg5, arg6, and arg7 are all nil, it will let them pass through unmolested to the hooked function. However if neither of these are the case (as would be true in mods that have not yet updated, and therefore have arg5, arg6, and arg7 set as something) then it will reoutput them correctly with arg5, arg6, and arg7 set to nil...

Test it, and let me know how it is. If I get positive feedback, I will submit it to Wowinterface for official release.
06-10-05, 05:44 AM   #26
tebo
A Murloc Raider

sorry but wat do we do?

read beladona's last thread...but am not understandin wat im supposed to do. do i just go to site thats posted by him then auto download? if so do i copy paste to interface\addons folder? pls help im new to pc's so any "extra"help will be much appreciated.
06-10-05, 07:37 AM   #27
Beladona
A Molten Giant

its just an addon. sorry I shoulda been more clear. You treat it as any other addon in that you make a folder under Interface called AddOns (if not already there) and then extract the zip to that folder. If you did it correctly it will look like this:

your wow folder\Interface\AddOns\FauxScrollFrameFix\the files...
06-10-05, 05:16 PM   #28
tebo
A Murloc Raider

Talking thanks alot for everyones help

i would like to thank everyone for posting their help ..awesome response time.1 more question though...on character selection screen wen i click on addons are all of the items in insomniax addons pack supposed to say out of date? once again tks for all the help ~
06-10-05, 05:27 PM   #29
Remelio

Any mod that hasn't been updated since the patch will say "out of date" - sometimes they work with no problems, sometimes they have problems due to new things being added (pets, bg, etc) Basically anything that says "Out of Date" might cause you problems, but if you're not having any problems I wouldn't worry about it

Usually when authors patch they add in new stuff anyway though, so always good to keep up to date! I'd recommend marking the mods you have downloaded from here as your favorites so you get an indicator on the front page when they get updated. Makes it easy to find them too (just click My Favorites up top to get to your list of favorites)
06-11-05, 12:56 AM   #30
Rolyne
A Kobold Labourer
Beladona's fix (post #25) seems to have done the trick for me, at least until further testing of various mods I have installed.

Thanks for the link, Bel...

Cheers!
Rolyne
06-11-05, 09:41 AM   #31
Beladona
A Molten Giant

going to upload this as a final version. Trying to find a screenshot of the error now though so that I can post it with the screeny of the error...

stay tuned...
06-11-05, 09:45 AM   #32
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Glad to hear that Beladona, it'll be approved just about as fast as you get it uploaded.
06-11-05, 10:09 AM   #33
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Found one for you Beladona:

http://img8.echo.cx/my.php?image=buged4gr.jpg
06-11-05, 10:46 AM   #34
Beladona
A Molten Giant

posted and awaiting approval

UPDATE: Approved

Discussion Thread: http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=942
Download: http://www.wowinterface.com/download...fo.php?id=4003

Last edited by Beladona : 06-11-05 at 10:54 AM.
06-11-05, 10:47 AM   #35
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Approved and ready for download, here. Amending the front page news.
06-11-05, 04:31 PM   #36
tebo
A Murloc Raider

awesome guys tks

wow like i said b4 really unbelievable response time . tks to all thats helped on this topic =)

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Template Error