Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
06-21-10, 08:20 AM   #1
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Chat Frames and 3.3.5

Well looks like they did a mega change to the chat frames for the next patch. And try as I might to get the chat infopanels working I can't figure out why they won't do what I want.

It seems they now have the buttons in a frame of their own which seems to have the ability to be docked in either side of the chat frame. However, trying to dock them in code to a side I want doesn't seem to consistently work rofl so I am guessing the frames control it themselves based on where they are positioned.

Now, the big bugbear is that with the way our chatframes are currently coded in nUI the buttons don't seem to want to sit in the buttonframe. I even removed all the code that changed what the buttons did and where with no luck. I also tried setting the classic format to see if at least we could keep the chat setup like the old way until we figure things out but nada still doesn't quite work.

An example screenshot or two shows the combatlog window with no changes by myself so currently as Scott has coded it. The first is with the new chat frame format and the second is using the classic option. There are differences but both don't work with our infopanel now. And the third is my attempt at changing my nUI_InfoPanel_Chat plugin to work with it all.

Apparently the old way of creating a chat frame is no longer the way to go but instead you use a CreateNewWindow function or something. I have yet to investigate this avenue yet. With the limitation of 10 chat frames available I may simply change that plugin to anchor an existing chatframe to the right hand side. Needless to say my guildchat plugin may have to be totally rewritten as a non chatframe plugin but a scrolling message frame instead but will see.

Anyway, here's the screenshots.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WoWScrnShot_062110_145511.jpg
Views:	1558
Size:	261.9 KB
ID:	4448  Click image for larger version

Name:	WoWScrnShot_062110_150937.jpg
Views:	1216
Size:	257.8 KB
ID:	4449  Click image for larger version

Name:	WoWScrnShot_062110_140943.jpg
Views:	1265
Size:	282.6 KB
ID:	4450  

Characters:
Gwynedda - 70 - Demon Warlock
Galaviel - 65 - Resto Druid
Gamaliel - 61 - Disc Priest
Gwynytha - 60 - Survival Hunter
Lienae - 60 - Resto Shaman
Plus several others below level 60

Info Panel IDs : http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...818#post136818

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Customization » nUI: Developer Chat » Chat Frames and 3.3.5