08-29-23, 12:42 AM   #1
Toyoka
A Kobold Labourer
Any way to mirror/flip UI elements?

Hi there, I'm new to the forums and to WoW UI addon creation. However, I did a bit of sleuthing in regards to the particular subject of manipulating UI elements but I could not find a way to be able to mirror and/or flip elements in the UI so that things like images, text, and other parts of UI panels are backwards/mirrored. Does anyone know if this is actually possible? I know that you can do rotations and translations to images in a panel, but I'm wondering if there is some method for flipping entire panels or elements in a panel (or the world frame itself)?
08-29-23, 10:49 AM   #2
Fizzlemizz
I did that?

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
For textures you can use SetTexCoord to change the orientation of the image inside the texture region.

For a full size image, normal orientation is (0, 1, 0, 1). To flip horizontally change to (1, 0, 0, 1) and to flip vertically use (0, 1, 1, 0).

As for just flipping a frame, region or fontstring etc., I don't believe you can If so it would be lists here.

Last edited by Fizzlemizz : 08-29-23 at 10:55 AM.

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » Any way to mirror/flip UI elements?