03-26-10, 02:06 PM   #1
Thomdril
A Murloc Raider
Fresh Windows 7 Install

I tried searching the forums but came up empty handed; my search skills are not always the best so I'm sure they're hiding somewhere

I setup WoW on a new computer yesterday and faithfully installed MMOUI Minion to keep watch over my add-ons. Being that I have a lot of auction data I'm tracking, I copied the WTF and Add On folders from my previous computer. When MMOUI Minion found my add-ons, it says there are newer versions for many of them although I know they are already the latest from WoWInterface as I ran MMOUI Minion on the previous computer before switching. Is there a log file or some such on the previous computer I should copy over to the new for MMOUI Minion? I'm not sure what has it thinking there are newer versions so wanted to see what advice an ol' codger could get

Thomdril
03-26-10, 02:43 PM   #2
Zyonin
Coffee powered Kaldorei

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Thomdril View Post
I tried searching the forums but came up empty handed; my search skills are not always the best so I'm sure they're hiding somewhere

I setup WoW on a new computer yesterday and faithfully installed MMOUI Minion to keep watch over my add-ons. Being that I have a lot of auction data I'm tracking, I copied the WTF and Add On folders from my previous computer. When MMOUI Minion found my add-ons, it says there are newer versions for many of them although I know they are already the latest from WoWInterface as I ran MMOUI Minion on the previous computer before switching. Is there a log file or some such on the previous computer I should copy over to the new for MMOUI Minion? I'm not sure what has it thinking there are newer versions so wanted to see what advice an ol' codger could get

Thomdril
Depending on what flavor of Windows you upgraded from, Minion stores its settings files in a hidden folder. In the case of Windows XP, Minion stashes its settings in the App Data folder which is hidden by default.

Windows Vista, look for a hidden folder in your User folder. I do not know the name as I have not used Vista or 7.
03-26-10, 02:45 PM   #3
Slakah
A Molten Giant

You could try copying the MMOUI folder in %APPDATA% (Just type "%APPDATA%" in the address bar in windows explorer) from your old PC to your new one.
03-27-10, 01:39 PM   #4
Thomdril
A Murloc Raider
Thank you both, I'll hunt down those files and report back. The 'other' computer is out of commission until we get some extra RAM ordered so my little minion will be corrupted a bit longer
03-28-10, 02:14 AM   #5
Shirik
Blasphemer!
Premium Member
WoWInterface Super Mod
You can copy everything in your %APPDATA% folder if you want, but the reason it's saying this is just because it wants to synchronize your addon folders. I'll look into improving the message (this is somewhat of a usability mess) but it shouldn't cause any problems if you just tell it to update so that it gets in sync.
しりたくなかったんだ
It's my turn next.

Shakespeare liked regexes too!
/(bb|[^b]{2})/
04-24-10, 01:26 PM   #6
Thomdril
A Murloc Raider
I finally got access to my old computer again so I wanted to report back that copying the %appdata%\MMOUI folder worked perfectly!

Thank you all for your help and to the authors for such a great add-on.
04-25-10, 12:38 AM   #7
Zyonin
Coffee powered Kaldorei

Glad to see you got the issues sorted out.

WoWInterface » Site Forums » Minion » Archive » Fresh Windows 7 Install