04-16-09, 12:54 PM   #1
Listra
A Murloc Raider
Can't get any of EWOlson's addons?

What happend to EWOlson's addons. It seems it's the only ones I have problems with getting downloaded. Does anybody else have that problem?

[edit] I placed this the wrong place - sorry!

Last edited by Listra : 04-16-09 at 12:56 PM.

04-16-09, 01:05 PM   #2
Slakah
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
You can find his mods here:
http://ewolson.name/index.html

Apparently he has an issue with WoWI disabling WoWMatrix *shrug*.

04-16-09, 01:09 PM   #3
MadCow
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Originally Posted by Slakah View Post

if thats the case then I have a problem with his mods. Ill be removing them and from my AddOns folder and removing Ewol mods from my favorites

04-16-09, 01:27 PM   #4
Shirik
Blasphemer!
Premium Member
WoWInterface Super Mod
Moved to appropriate forum
しりたくなかったんだ
It's my turn next.

Shakespeare liked regexes too!
/(bb|[^b]{2})/

04-16-09, 02:42 PM   #5
Slakah
A Molten Giant

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...3334&sid=1#263 maybe I was wrong. According to Kaelten
Printer also did a very unethical action in poisoning his projects on WowInterface with files that would in game spam you to visit his new website.

04-16-09, 02:45 PM   #6
PurpleWedgie
An Aku'mai Servant
Originally Posted by MadCow View Post
if thats the case then I have a problem with his mods. Ill be removing them and from my AddOns folder and removing Ewol mods from my favorites
Same here. Too bad though, I thought his addons were pretty good.

04-16-09, 02:58 PM   #7
voodoodad
Large, Friendly Letters!

Can't understand why an author would feel any way other than 100% supportive of WI's new policy. I've read one author after another stating what a p.i.t.a it is having to deal with error reports from users who dl'ed outdated versions through WM, not to mention the fact that addons were distributed without author permission in I'm guessing every case. I'm just confused and disturbed by all the controversy this has caused.

~ no need to make the message completely obnoxious - Cairenn

04-16-09, 03:14 PM   #8
Ookami.kun
A Cliff Giant

Unhappy

Originally Posted by PurpleWedgie View Post
Same here. Too bad though, I thought his addons were pretty good.
Same, though I only really used one at the moment. And since I need to replace it now, can someone suggest a good POI mod to take the place of EWO's mod. Thanks.

04-16-09, 04:20 PM   #9
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Yes, it is true that he uploaded different versions of his addons to this site which did nothing but create many many frames and spam about his new site and wowmatrix. While we at WoWInterface have absolutely no problem with authors moving to other sites, and we understand that some people may have liked using WowMatrix, the addon sabotage to spam users (which goes against the new UI Addon Policy, to boot) meant that we had to disable the downloads.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

04-17-09, 03:20 PM   #10
Ackis
A Cliff Giant

Originally Posted by Shirik View Post
Moved to appropriate forum
The trash?

04-17-09, 05:51 PM   #11
Elloria
An Onyxian Warder

Originally Posted by Seerah View Post
Yes, it is true that he uploaded different versions of his addons to this site which did nothing but create many many frames and spam about his new site and wowmatrix. While we at WoWInterface have absolutely no problem with authors moving to other sites, and we understand that some people may have liked using WowMatrix, the addon sabotage to spam users (which goes against the new UI Addon Policy, to boot) meant that we had to disable the downloads.
Wow really Mature. I thought the guy was alright before but to see this saddens me. Respect is lost for something that childish.

04-18-09, 01:43 AM   #12
Zyonin
Coffee powered Kaldorei

From the download page for EWOlson_GetSellValueCompressed on the author's website:
Best downloaded and installed with WowMatrix!

!!!!!

I have never used any of his mods and after this little tirade (in particular the stunt with his mods on WoWI), I know I will not be and I will be steering my guild (kiss over 400 potential users goodbye!) away from his mods. Should any other author decide to display similar behaviour, then they can expect similar treatment. Any shred of respect that I had for him has found a spot in the dustbin next the used coffee grounds and that "thing" that was in the back of the fridge (I think it growled at me when I was binning it).

04-18-09, 04:20 AM   #13
voodoodad
Large, Friendly Letters!

Man, thats just shocking and sad. To have and express an opinion is one thing, but to actually sabotage his own work like that. Not to mention the time wasted by anyone that actually downloaded the sabotaged files. I'd be willing to bet that no one that dl'ed those spam bombs will go anywhere near his website. I never used any of his addons to begin with, but now I will make an active effort to discourage their use in my guilds, and to anyone who asks my opion. Seerah, I hope you or one of the other admins has reported him to Blizz for this lower than childish stunt.

04-18-09, 04:24 AM   #14
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
It's been dealt with.

04-18-09, 04:31 AM   #15
voodoodad
Large, Friendly Letters!

Thank you, Cairenn. In my opinion, his actions should get him and his addons banned for life. I know that's probably unrealistic, but I can dream can't I?

04-18-09, 12:52 PM   #16
voodoodad
Large, Friendly Letters!

Originally Posted by Slakah View Post

Out of curiosity I visited his site... His forums (such as they are) showed 0 registered users and 1 visitor, me I guess lol.

04-18-09, 12:54 PM   #17
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
That would be who was online at the time. If you look below that, it shows the number of total registered users. When I glanced at it yesterday(?) it said one.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

04-18-09, 01:00 PM   #18
voodoodad
Large, Friendly Letters!

This is directly from his forum index;