Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
07-23-07, 12:32 PM   #16
Arkive
A Cobalt Mageweaver
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Yea, it's pretty clear we're done here. But, I'll take the time to address a few points you made since you took the time to make them.

Originally Posted by Auralei
Now, is another story, now I'm just amused. It's amazing to me that one person can be so self important that they would even consider yanking their compilation away from the public to avoid questions and the normal mundane issues. Also so self important to think that because they're done with WoW, the users of their compliation should PAY THEM.
Should he stop supporting it, it would reside on Wowinterface like any other outdated mod. People could still download it and search forum posts for answers to their questions. I wouldn't say "yanking" and "no longer supporting" are the same thing, but I suppose we use words that support our feelings on matters, so ok.

I came in this thread by hearing about the other one from a guildmate, so I came to shed some bitter realities on this subject. That reality being that his UI can be copied, and likely will be if he goes this route, and that he's really only doing it to stick it to the public again.
Copied how? Byte for byte? Yea, I guess. Is it's function likely to be duplicated again on the level it is in this compilation? Given it's the only one of it's kind that I know of (I've been playing almost 2 years and modding my UI since day 1), it's possible, but unlikely.

He "stuck it to the public" in the past? Guess I missed that part as I was enjoying playing Warcraft instead of spending countless hours configuring my UI.

If his treatment of the people that come to this site and seek his help were a bit lighter handed, maybe people wouldn't think he was a jerk deluxe.
I don't think anyone, including Mazzle, would dispute that he's been "short" on occasions. But I'll tell you this, as someone who manages a medium sized network and does a lot of work for my users that they don't see, and some of them (not all) choose to ignore the very few, and simple, requests I make of them...well yea, it can be frustrating. Some of us are better at concealing it then others, and perhaps if I wasn't paid to do so, I might have made a few comments of my own. But to respond directly to that, if you scan through the forums you'll be hard pressed to find a comment like the ones you're talking about that wasn't in response to a question the user would have known if they spent a small amount of effort reading the FAQ or known issues thread.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Something I didn't quite get...