09-08-14, 10:59 PM   #1
Kookie
A Murloc Raider
Looking to have addon updated to 5.4 and 6.0

I have found someone to work on the addon.

Last edited by Kookie : 09-09-14 at 06:02 PM.
09-09-14, 03:42 AM   #2
Resike
A Pyroguard Emberseer
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
The problem i see is that you cannot detect server names from rolls, and thats makes unable to properly detect classes from cross-realms, and this breaks the table indexes which flips the whole addon.
09-09-14, 07:07 AM   #3
Kookie
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Resike View Post
The problem i see is that you cannot detect server names from rolls, and thats makes unable to properly detect classes from cross-realms, and this breaks the table indexes which flips the whole addon.
Raid rolls currently uses A Lib from ace3 it looks like to track the rolls. That addon is for 5.4 and is able to track the rolls by the players. The problem is I can't figure out where it's doing it.
09-09-14, 08:24 AM   #4
Choonstertwo
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Kookie View Post
Raid rolls currently uses A Lib from ace3 it looks like to track the rolls. That addon is for 5.4 and is able to track the rolls by the players. The problem is I can't figure out where it's doing it.
Could you provide a link to Raid Rolls? I can't seem to find it on Curse or WoWI.

Edit: Is this it? If so, there's no "s" on the end of the AddOn's name, which is why I couldn't find it on Curse/WoWI initially.

Assuming that's the right AddOn, it seems to detect which server the player rolling is from on lines 865-918 of RaidRoll_OnLoad.lua. It does this by extracting the player name from the roll message (RANDOM_ROLL_RESULT, "%s rolls %d (%d-%d)") and then using GetUnitName to get the name and realm of the player.

Raid Roll doesn't use any Ace libraries apart from CallbackHandler (which is technically just a stand-alone library used by AceEvent rather than an Ace library like AceAddon, etc.).

Last edited by Choonstertwo : 09-09-14 at 08:51 AM.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Looking to have addon updated to 5.4 and 6.0