11-07-09, 10:51 PM   #1
iSylvir
A Cyclonian

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Looking For Coders

Excuse me, i'm not quite sure this is the right place to advertise for this kind of thing...but I don't see any classifieds here. :P

I have currently started production on an advanced user interface. It is a taxing project that has received great community feedback in its concept stage. I now possess the textures to the project and am devoted completley to this project. If you've looked into the Add-on Request forum, you will see that it has over 1k Hits. What is this Add-On?
Borderlands Themed User Interface

We're looking for two coders who are willing to work in a professional manner with mature gamers who are only out for the community's approval. This Interface is in no way going to die out, as we've already put way too much work in it.

Please reply to this thread and also mail a resume of sorts with the subject 'ADDON AUTHOR'
[email protected]

Forum Name:
TimeZone:
Experience:

Please be able to work maturely under strenuous circumstances. Thank you very much.

We're also looking for a graphics developer who MUST follow these requirements. Please mail the same format with the subject 'GRAPHICS'

Again, thank you so much.

ATTN: This is a volunteer position. At no point will the community be restricted from access to this wonderful interface by being forced to pay.

Last edited by iSylvir : 11-08-09 at 09:09 AM. Reason: took out the age restriction, so as to not offend any of our young authors - Cairenn
11-08-09, 04:26 AM   #2
Torhal
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Yhor View Post
<snip>I almost never make posts of this nature, but everything about your OP just seems to gnaw at my soul.
<snip>
Much like kittens, before you kick them?

Author of NPCScan and many other AddOns.
11-08-09, 05:04 AM   #3
Yhor
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Torhal View Post
Much like kittens, before you kick them?
haha, Cairenn tagged that title on me, I never bother to change it back.
11-08-09, 07:33 AM   #4
Maul
Ion Engines, Engage!

This project would really only need one author, it does not seem overly complicated. The only thing that appears mildly advanced would be the author would have to know how to create custom angled statusbars. And if you got a hold of a novice author who was willing to tackle the project, I am sure they could get enough help via the forums on how to go about the status bars.

I understand how you are going about this, but it is a bit much. I myself would not desire to sign up for the project but would probably post anything that I could help with in the thread concerning coding questions that are asked (if I knew the answer) as will others in the community.

Anyhow, best of luck

Twitter: @IonMaul | Windows Live: [email protected] | Google Talk: [email protected]
11-08-09, 08:42 AM   #5
iSylvir
A Cyclonian

Well now, I might just have to modify the questionaire. I was just seeking basic information. This isn't a paid position, but it is a very difficult series of Add-ons, of the like that the community hasn't really tried to tackle before, such as a compass much like the one in Borderlands. The reason I'd like two addon authors is because it's just less work for both of them.
Any way, I'll modify the op.

Thanks Cairenn.
11-08-09, 09:04 AM   #6
Maul
Ion Engines, Engage!

"difficult" is relative :P

Not sure what you mean by "that the community hasn't really tried to tackle before", though. Curious what you mean by that There have been projects that brought the look of another game into the WoW user interface over the years.

However, it looks like you have a base of people interested as well and that is always a good thing

Twitter: @IonMaul | Windows Live: [email protected] | Google Talk: [email protected]
11-08-09, 09:08 AM   #7
iSylvir
A Cyclonian

Well, I've never seen a compas such as that, though I suppose I may no have looked as hard. To be honest, I just want to get this thing done, and advanced coders tend to use unique techniques (Lol.) to make Add-ons look different or act different. Perhaps my 'advanced' bar seems higher than it actually is. Come to think of it, i'll take that out and just let people email me their experience.
Thanks.
11-08-09, 09:19 AM   #8
Maul
Ion Engines, Engage!

Ah, I see. The bar that has the "W" on it? Yeah, that would take a bit of work, I missed that. That in-and-of-itself may have some interest outside of the unit frames.

11-08-09, 09:22 AM   #9
iSylvir
A Cyclonian

Originally Posted by Maul View Post
Ah, I see. The bar that has the "W" on it? Yeah, that would take a bit of work, I missed that. That in-and-of-itself may have some interest outside of the unit frames.
Curious expression.
In any case, it has all 4 directions. I've seen someone use altitude trajectory monitors, so this shouldn't be too different.
11-08-09, 09:24 AM   #10
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
I have actually seen an addon with that compass format. I can't recall the name of it at the moment but when I did try it, it didn't work as I suspect it was one of the older addons that had stopped being updated as the game progressed.

I'm sure there are quite a few people that would like that item.

Characters:
Gwynedda - 70 - Demon Warlock
Galaviel - 65 - Resto Druid
Gamaliel - 61 - Disc Priest
Gwynytha - 60 - Survival Hunter
Lienae - 60 - Resto Shaman
Plus several others below level 60

Info Panel IDs : http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...818#post136818
11-08-09, 09:29 AM   #11
Maul
Ion Engines, Engage!

Originally Posted by iSylvir View Post
Curious expression.
In any case, it has all 4 directions. I've seen someone use altitude trajectory monitors, so this shouldn't be too different.
Yeah, I am old and use old idioms :P

I meant that such an addon (the compass) may develop more interest than the overall project as a whole

11-08-09, 09:31 AM   #12
iSylvir
A Cyclonian

Unerstood. My graphics guy just said the exact same thing to me. We're bouncing ideas off of eachother for integrating quest tracking and player enemies in the area. (QuestHelper and Carbonite)
11-08-09, 09:41 AM   #13
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Not being completely sure what you guys are meaning by the compass, these are some of the various ones I've seen:

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...20Compass.html
http://www.wowinterface.com/download...1-Compass.html
http://www.wowinterface.com/download...ompassHUD.html
http://www.wowinterface.com/download...oMAlayout.html
http://www.wowinterface.com/download...r-Compass.html

*trying to find a particular layout I saw, will edit when I find it again, if I do *
11-08-09, 09:46 AM   #14
iSylvir
A Cyclonian

Hah, this might be easier than I thought.
Anyone have any ideas for the raid frames?
(Since compases seem to be in abundance now.)
11-08-09, 09:49 AM   #15
zero-kill
A Firelord

Compass done. :P
11-08-09, 09:58 AM   #16
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
There's a circular compass shown in this (outdated) compilation, not sure if it's actually in there or not though.

*Still looking for that one particular layout, not finding it now, may have finally deleted it off the site completely. It looked like the actual dashboard of a car.*
11-08-09, 10:08 AM   #17
iSylvir
A Cyclonian

Heh, we're looking for the ones like the first 5 you posted >:P
11-08-09, 10:15 AM   #18
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Okay, I'll stop poking around then.
11-09-09, 06:55 AM   #19
iSylvir
A Cyclonian

Ran into an issue with a code that I can fix, just gotta get around to fixin' it. Should have the health bars and whatnot set up soon.
11-11-09, 06:50 AM   #20
iSylvir
A Cyclonian

<BUMP>
Project delayed until I can pull myself away from Modern Warfare: 2 for five minutes. I should have some good previews when I get my laptop, so, give it about 10 days.
Oh and uh, those are the Wow Screen shot previews, not the MW2 previews. XP

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » Looking For Coders