05-19-09, 09:50 AM   #1
Krazyboomkin
A Murloc Raider
NEED Main / Alt Addon

I am looking for a simple addon that would help me keep track of my guilds Mains / Alt. I do know there are some out there that does this, but the way they seem to work is in the chat window. I am looing for something different, something that can maybe be built into the WoW Guild tab where it has the persons main with a "+" to drop down their Alts. Of course there will be some setting up that would have to be down by the GM of the guild. And even if it cant be down in the WoW tab that is already other window will be fine too. Also what would make this a reall super addon if others in the guild too can sync with the GM to get the updated list. It is a thought and I am sure would help many larger or even some smaller guilds out there in keeping track of Mains / Alts

Krazy
05-19-09, 09:55 AM   #2
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
GuildOrg or Guild Organizer is what you want. I use it all the time.

The only bugbear is when it bugs out and thinks people leave the guild and disassociates a main name from the alt name. To resolve that I usually use the officer notes to signify whose alt it is so I can reset the mains if this happens. I've informed the developer about this and hopefully they will correct that oversight.

The good news is that it doesn't totally remove the entries from the addon when someone really does leave the guild. Instead it keeps it and if they ever choose to come back the record gets restored minus the aforementioned main name entry.

Give it a try. It takes a few minutes to allocate all the mains and alts together but once they are there and it doesn't glitch out on you its a very handy tool. Especially for officers.

Characters:
Gwynedda - 70 - Demon Warlock
Galaviel - 65 - Resto Druid
Gamaliel - 61 - Disc Priest
Gwynytha - 60 - Survival Hunter
Lienae - 60 - Resto Shaman
Plus several others below level 60

Info Panel IDs : http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...818#post136818
05-19-09, 11:56 AM   #3
Krazyboomkin
A Murloc Raider
I tired GO and for some reason or another the addon cause my screen to skip every 20 to 30 sec. This is not good at all and even worst when raiding. I did like the addon and if the skipping can be fixed that would be great. It does it on 2 differnet computers so it isnt the computer. Any other suggestions would be great.

Krazy
05-19-09, 12:45 PM   #4
MidgetMage55
Grinch!

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
It might be a conflict with another addon. Ive been using Guild Organizer for a few years now and have never encountered the skipping you mention. If you havent tried it by itself (noting else enabled) try that first and see if it occurs. If so i would submit a bug report with any error messages that might go along with it to the author.

I think Hong Kong Phooey was a ninja AND a pirate. That was just too much awesome. - Yhor

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » NEED Main / Alt Addon