12-09-09, 11:41 AM   #1
Xarl
A Warpwood Thunder Caller

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Anybody know ???

Anybody know what could be causing this ???

Code:
[2009/12/09 18:40:05-3472-x1]: AceConsole-2.0-91094 (Ace2):2582: AceTab-2.0: Cannot register frame "ChatFrameEditBox"; it does not exist
AceConsole-2.0-91094 (Ace2):2688: in main chunk

---
Only Error i get since 3.3 now

Thanks for your help in Advance
12-09-09, 12:35 PM   #2
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Are you using a chat addon ? If so try disabling it and seeing if you get the same problem. if you don't check to see if your chat addon has been updated as it sounds like the frame name has changed recently.

Characters:
Gwynedda - 70 - Demon Warlock
Galaviel - 65 - Resto Druid
Gamaliel - 61 - Disc Priest
Gwynytha - 60 - Survival Hunter
Lienae - 60 - Resto Shaman
Plus several others below level 60

Info Panel IDs : http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...818#post136818
12-09-09, 12:38 PM   #3
acapela
A Cobalt Mageweaver
edit: for me, this seems to be tracing to a very old addon: CCWatcher. disabling this addon clears the problem.

current versions of Ace2:

AceConsole-2.0: 91094
AceTab-2.0: 91098

CCWatcher versions of Ace2:

AceConsole-2.0: 48940
AceTab-2.0: 40685

in my case, some of these CCWatcher libraries are loading early, and all my other Ace2 addons are then trying to use them. enabling an external copy of Ace2 overrides all of this, and also seems to clear the problem (and CCWatcher seems to operate correctly on the latest/greatest Ace2).

i expect you have something running around loose that embeds an "old" version of Ace2.

-----

one of my users reported this. the error was tracking through the version of AceConsole-2.0 loaded by Aloft.

i did not see this originally, yesterday, but i am seeing it now (i just updated a bunch of addons). it happens with the latest (WoW 3.3) version of Aloft disabled. i am working on isolating it now. will follow up in a bit.
Zippy said it best: "All life is a BLUR of Republicans and Meat!"

Last edited by acapela : 12-09-09 at 01:07 PM.
12-09-09, 12:55 PM   #4
zero-kill
A Firelord

I would think something along the lines of a chat mod, Prat or the ilk that haven't been fully updated yet.

/edit: appears Prat has been updated.

Last edited by zero-kill : 12-09-09 at 01:04 PM.
12-09-09, 01:55 PM   #5
Xarl
A Warpwood Thunder Caller

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Originally Posted by acapela View Post

i expect you have something running around loose that embeds an "old" version of Ace2.
Did a check and there is no Old version.

It surprises me that it would come up with 3.3 but never before that ?

Originally Posted by zero-kill View Post
I would think something along the lines of a chat mod, Prat or the ilk that haven't been fully updated yet.

/edit: appears Prat has been updated.
Yes i use Prat but i Updated it for 3.3

Last edited by Xarl : 12-09-09 at 02:05 PM. Reason: Added something
12-11-09, 01:29 AM   #6
Trond
A Cliff Giant

Also getting this error. I dont use prat or aloft... I use chatter, but I doubt that is the problem since you others are using prat... (could it be that fontain have anything to do with this, I havent updated that yet, nor checked if it is updated for 3.3)
12-11-09, 03:25 AM   #7
TDurden
A Fallenroot Satyr
Originally Posted by acapela View Post
in my case, some of these CCWatcher libraries are loading early, and all my other Ace2 addons are then trying to use them. enabling an external copy of Ace2 overrides all of this, and also seems to clear the problem (and CCWatcher seems to operate correctly on the latest/greatest Ace2).
How do you do this, enable an external copy of Ace2? I'm getting the same issue with Fubar_FriendsFu and I'm not holding my breath for it to be updated soon.

I'd love to get rid of this error, any help is appreciated.
12-11-09, 04:51 AM   #8
Zyonin
Coffee powered Kaldorei

At last check (several months ago), Prat did not use Ace2, rather it has migrated to the Ace3 framework. Thus there error should be caused by any library embedded in Prat unless you are using a really old version.
12-11-09, 06:10 PM   #9
Bluspacecow
Giver of walls of text :)

Originally Posted by Zyonin View Post
At last check (several months ago), Prat did not use Ace2, rather it has migrated to the Ace3 framework. Thus there error should be caused by any library embedded in Prat unless you are using a really old version.
http://www.wowace.com/addons/prat-3-0/

Lists Ace3 as a Embedded library. Not sure if that means it's been completely migrated to the Ace3 framework.

There is also an older version of Prat that is a separate development branch then the one I linked above. That could also be a source of the problem.
tuba_man on Apple test labs : "I imagine a brushed-aluminum room with a floor made of keyboards, each one plugged into a different test box somewhere. Someone is tasked with tossing a box full of cats (all wearing turtlenecks) into this room. If none of the systems catch fire within 30 minutes, testing is complete. Someone else must remove the cats. All have iPods." (http://community.livejournal.com/tec...t/2018070.html)
12-11-09, 06:13 PM   #10
Bluspacecow

Originally Posted by Xarl View Post
Yes i use Prat but i Updated it for 3.3
I'm using r397 from wowace.com.

The release version on curse.com of 3.3 should in theory work as it's around r395 which I had no problems with come the release of 3.3

I did get errors from Ace3 as I have it installed as a dissembled library but that's since been updated manually by me.
tuba_man on Apple test labs : "I imagine a brushed-aluminum room with a floor made of keyboards, each one plugged into a different test box somewhere. Someone is tasked with tossing a box full of cats (all wearing turtlenecks) into this room. If none of the systems catch fire within 30 minutes, testing is complete. Someone else must remove the cats. All have iPods." (http://community.livejournal.com/tec...t/2018070.html)
12-12-09, 03:00 AM   #11
Zyonin
Coffee powered Kaldorei

Originally Posted by Bluspacecow View Post
http://www.wowace.com/addons/prat-3-0/

Lists Ace3 as a Embedded library. Not sure if that means it's been completely migrated to the Ace3 framework.

There is also an older version of Prat that is a separate development branch then the one I linked above. That could also be a source of the problem.
Straight from WoWAce:
Code:
    Ace3
    AceGUI-3.0-SharedMediaWidgets
    CallbackHandler-1.0
    LibAlts-1.0
    LibBabble-Class-3.0
    LibDBIcon-1.0
    LibSharedMedia-3.0
    LibSink-2.0
    LibStub
No Ace2 libs are used. I played with Prat earlier this spring to see how it had changed and and even then, it did not use any Ace2 libs.
12-12-09, 06:04 AM   #12
Bluspacecow

Straight from WoWAce:
Code:
    Ace3
    AceGUI-3.0-SharedMediaWidgets
    CallbackHandler-1.0
    LibAlts-1.0
    LibBabble-Class-3.0
    LibDBIcon-1.0
    LibSharedMedia-3.0
    LibSink-2.0
    LibStub
No Ace2 libs are used. I played with Prat earlier this spring to see how it had changed and and even then, it did not use any Ace2 libs.
Thanks for the clarification oh Googled one.

I wasn't totally sure as I'm not one of the contributors for the project. My pedantic self was going "Ok it Lists Ace3 as a dependancy but it could be using one or 2 calls from it"

Then there's probably a point of only a silly programer would be using both the Ace2 and Ace3 frameworks in their addons. Something tells me they're not backwards compatible and they would be very little point mix and matching the two.

Last edited by Bluspacecow : 12-12-09 at 08:06 AM.
12-12-09, 07:08 AM   #13
Zyonin
Coffee powered Kaldorei

Originally Posted by Bluspacecow View Post
Thanks for the clarification oh Googled one.

I wasn't totally use as I'm not one of the contributors for the project. My pedantic self was going "Ok it Lists Ace3 as a dependancy but i could be using one or 2 calls from it"

Then there's probably a point of only a silly programer would be using both the Ace2 and Ace3 frameworks in their addons. Something tells me they're not backwards compatible and they would be very little point mix and matching the two.
One of the problems some had with Ace2 was an AddOn had to include (and load) the entire Ace2 framework even though they may have only used only one or two of the framework's libs. A couple of the libs were almost never used (AceOO-2.0 being one of them, the only AddOn I know of that used AceOO-2.0 was ag_UnitFrames). Ace3 on the other hand, a mod only has to load what it needs (for example a mod may only use AceConfig-3.0 so it only has to embed and load AceConfig-3.0). This gives AddOn authors a good deal of flexibility to mix and match. End users only have to load only what is needed.

I don't see any AddOns that load both Ace2 and Ace3 frameworks although there may be one or two out there. For the most part, Ace3 has replaced Ace2 (and Rock). In my UI the last Ace2 based mods that are currently in use are Grid and Quartz. Everything else in my UI has either moved to the Ace3 framework or have dropped the use of a framework altogether in favor of their own self coded solution (such as my custom stuff) or non Ace related libs.
12-12-09, 12:25 PM   #14
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Technically, AceConfig is different. It's a wrapper for AceGUI, so you need to use both.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

12-12-09, 03:33 PM   #15
Torhal
A Pyroguard Emberseer

<snip>
I don't see any AddOns that load both Ace2 and Ace3 frameworks although there may be one or two out there.<snip>
I've come across quite a few. They're usually using Tablet (which can usually be replaced with my own LibQTip) and/or Dewdrop (which can be replaced with the default UIDropDownMenu and a bit of determination).

Author of NPCScan and many other AddOns.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Anybody know ???