Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
02-06-11, 02:32 AM   #1
NikkiLoveGod
A Defias Bandit
What can we actually track and record?

Hi there,

I would like to know what and how much we can track what the player & party / raid member does and when they do it.

I am thinking about starting my WoW addons career with an overambitious project, but before I do that, I'd like to know if that is anyway possible.

I find recap, recount and skada rather limiting in sense of fine tuning your damage, healing and actions in combat. Especially if you try to compare your self with another player.

I would like to make a graph / stats addon, that will track the start of a combat, then on player basis track every single action that they make and when they make it. Then draw a graph out of it having a line for outgoing DPS, and then a small dots presenting an action done on that time, and when you hover your mouse over them they show details like what action it is, what buff you've gotten, or the target of your action and so on.

Its really important for me to be able to track all the actions done, GCDs, castingtimes, and it would even be awesome to see like "started to cast Cobra shot but failed at 0.6s" and not just for me, but for everybody in the raid.

I would really appreciate if you could point my way that what I need to study to go about this task, or if this is even possible

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » What can we actually track and record?