05-26-23, 11:47 PM   #1
QuesoDrood
A Defias Bandit

Request: Mute All Ottuk Sound Effects

Hello,

I made an account in desperation specifically for this ask. Hopefully someone is able to help!

The Ottuk hunter pets in Dragonflight are constantly squeaking, and I have sensory issues, so it is making raiding extremely difficult for me to handle with so many of these pets kicking around. They are understandably very popular because they are cute - they are just really, really noisy, and it's distressing! It might not be so tough if the sounds were not so frequent, but they are never-ending.

I've tried an addon that mutes sounds based on the audio ID number, however, I have been unable to find the ID of the specific sound to turn it off, and WoWhead and WoW Tools searches have proved fruitless. Many other addons just mute all pet noises or all noises from other players/NPCs, which I don't want to do - just specifically any and all sounds made by the Ottuks from Dragonflight.

Is it possible for anyone to figure this out and make an addon to block all Ottuk noise? If I could raid every week without needing to mute my entire game audio between pulls or block all sound effects, I would be incredibly grateful.

Thank you.
05-27-23, 12:01 AM   #2
Fizzlemizz
I did that?

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
The sounds may be based on Otter sound files.

If you download Leatrix Sounds and search for otter you can see if these are the sounds for the mute addon (there's quite a few though).
05-27-23, 12:19 PM   #3
QuesoDrood
A Defias Bandit

Originally Posted by Fizzlemizz View Post
The sounds may be based on Otter sound files.

If you download Leatrix Sounds and search for otter you can see if these are the sounds for the mute addon (there's quite a few though).
Thank you. I had already muted all the Otter sound effect IDs I found on WoWhead before I posted the thread, but I'm grateful for the new resource to look at and will absolutely check it out.
05-27-23, 01:57 PM   #4
QuesoDrood
A Defias Bandit

FizzleMizz, I cannot thank you ENOUGH!!! You have saved my sanity, thank you so much.

With Leatrix sounds and the MuteSoundFile addons combined, I was able to mute the sounds that were harming my ears. Seriously, thank you.

If anyone else finds this thread in the future, it was this specific block of files.
https://imgur.com/NpoRu6T

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Request: Mute All Ottuk Sound Effects