07-03-05, 10:12 AM   #1
tralkar
An Onyxian Warder

booted

About 2 days now iv been getting booted for WOW every 5 to 10 min.. Any one else getting this ? I have been playing since wow came out with out any problem till now..
07-03-05, 10:31 AM   #2
guice
A Cobalt Mageweaver
Originally Posted by tralkar
About 2 days now iv been getting booted for WOW every 5 to 10 min.. Any one else getting this ? I have been playing since wow came out with out any problem till now..
Check for updates with any addons you have. I have a guildmate that was just having that problem this morning. Don't think he found what caused it, but I do know when I had that problem it was due to addons (specifically Comsos's Sky feature).
07-03-05, 11:02 AM   #3
tralkar
An Onyxian Warder

I deleated all my addons i had and still getting dumped. No error, or anything. Just get sent to loggin screen? its making me go bonkers, every 5 - 10 min
07-03-05, 11:05 AM   #4
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Did you completely delete (or move) your interface folder? What about WTF and WDB? Try moving them out as well. Any chance it's a problem with the new "UI memory usage"? Try setting it to 0 (zero) when you have UIs loaded. Video drivers all up-to-date?
FaceBook Profile, Page, Group
Avatar Image by RaffaeleMarinetti
07-03-05, 12:00 PM   #5
tralkar
An Onyxian Warder

i did remove everything in wow folders reset the ui memory thing also .. this only started happening yesterday.. thats whats driving me crazy.. Iget to play for 5 10 min before getting booted..

?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
07-03-05, 12:06 PM   #6
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Yeah, it's not making any sense.

hrrrm ... check something else .... check to make sure that your computer's fan(s) is working properly, is clean, etc. See if your machine is overheating ...

The game makes the system work hard, so it may be going "too hot too hot, shut down!" or something?
07-03-05, 01:16 PM   #7
tralkar
An Onyxian Warder

ok i just looked at that and there working.. im redownloading wow maybe somethings wrong there some where?? but im not getting any errors or anything..

Is going to take a few hours so ill post back later with any updates.. =(
07-03-05, 01:18 PM   #8
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Well, I'm completely out of ideas ... try posting on the Blizz tech help forums? or see if there's something already there ...

Sorry I couldn't help more.
07-03-05, 03:37 PM   #9
Kaelten
Jack's raging bile duct

Featured
sometimes ethernet drivers or you internet connection in general can lag out creating a temporary "disconnected" state. Mine does this every now and again(did it real bad for a few days there) and I'd get disconnected.

Anyone that needs what they want
And doesn't want what they need
I want nothing to do with
07-03-05, 10:31 PM   #10
tralkar
An Onyxian Warder

ok i got what it could be, its one of my addons or the save file.. ill realy hate to get rid of my save file but if thats it, its gone.. Ill let you know what happends when i take this file out or redo the file from an old one.. Im still holding my breath..........
07-03-05, 10:35 PM   #11
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
You sure you aren't getting an error message? Something about the UI using more than 32 mg of memory? Try one last thing before you start tossing stuff out. Get to your character select screen, in the bottom left corner hit the AddOns button, in the top right corner change the memory allocation to 0 (zero).
07-04-05, 12:11 AM   #12
Beladona
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
it shouldn't boot him over mod memory usage. Not to mention that it is highly unlikely he is coming anywhere close to the 32mb limit.

Possible Causes:

- An installed mod is causing an exception that boots you. The fact that you can get in and play for 5-10 minutes suggests this COULD be possible since some addon features do not fire until vertain events occurr. Removing the Interface, WTF, and WDB folders can fix this but make sure you back them up as you WILL lose customizations. Mods that allow you to click on item links commonly cause this issue since a patch or two ago, as you have to have that item in your local item cache or you will get disconnected from the game...

- Video Card overheat. Not much you can do to test this without having a temp reading on the card. Modern Nvidia cards have them (specifically highend 5xxx cards, and most if not all 6xxx/7xxx cards.) Make sure you have adequate ventilation to your system. Personally I live in Florida, and my office is on the hottest end of the house, to the point where outdoor temperature sometimes becomes enough to interfere with adequate AC cooling in that room. I have combatted this with a system that has something like 10 fans, 4 of which are dedicated around the video card...

- You may need to run a defrag on the drive that wow resides on. This game does trash your HD quite a bit, and drive fragmentation is common. See if this helps at all...

- Make sure ALL drivers are as up to date as you can get them, expecially video, sound, and network. Avoid Beta and use WHQL when possible...
07-04-05, 10:24 PM   #13
tralkar
An Onyxian Warder

I got it

It was one of the addons i installed dont want to say what one it was couse no one else is having the problem.. its conflicking another addon.. Funny thing is no error mesage at all.. thanks for trying to help you came up with some good points.. only took me 3 days to find what it was lol.. I always said im kinda dumb when it comes to this stuff =)
07-04-05, 10:28 PM   #14
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Well, glad you found it at least.

WoWInterface » General Discussion » Chit-Chat » booted