09-03-08, 02:38 AM   #1
Kiltak
A Defias Bandit
Titan Panel keeps causing my mage to be kicked to login

All right I have a problem, for some reason Titan Panel is causing me all sorts of grief. It works fine with all my toons except my mage. When ever I'm playing my mage and I get in to combat with in just a few minutes I get kicked back to log in screen.

Now I'm sure some of you are thinking it can't be Titan Panel, but I promice you it is. The reason I know it is because I actually disable Titan Panel and the problem goes away.

It only happens when I play Mage. I have used Titan Panel for years (that is when I'm playing) and now I am ready to give it up.

I need the Coord aspect of Titan Panels so I can figure out were I need to go to complete quest and sense blizzard and there infinit wisdom refuse to place it in the game I'm flying blind.

what is causing this and how do I fix it.
09-03-08, 03:08 AM   #2
Tristanian
Andúril
Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Kiltak View Post
All right I have a problem, for some reason Titan Panel is causing me all sorts of grief. It works fine with all my toons except my mage. When ever I'm playing my mage and I get in to combat with in just a few minutes I get kicked back to log in screen.

Now I'm sure some of you are thinking it can't be Titan Panel, but I promice you it is. The reason I know it is because I actually disable Titan Panel and the problem goes away.

It only happens when I play Mage. I have used Titan Panel for years (that is when I'm playing) and now I am ready to give it up.

I need the Coord aspect of Titan Panels so I can figure out were I need to go to complete quest and sense blizzard and there infinite wisdom refuse to place it in the game I'm flying blind.

what is causing this and how do I fix it.
It is indeed strange that this is happening to only one character. Perhaps if you elaborated a bit more, on let's say which plugins you have enabled on your mage, it would help narrow this down. Moreover, you can try disabling plugins from the addons screen one at a time to attempt to isolate this yourself. Have you tried running with Titan as your only addon, just for the sake of troubleshooting ? Do you still get disconnected in combat ?
09-03-08, 03:20 AM   #3
Kiltak
A Defias Bandit
Thats just it Titan Panel was the only Mod I was using. I only took the thing so i could get the coord apsect of titan panel. I have tried going through one by one and disabling each one but nothing works.

If any of them are turned on my mage gets kicked, and its only the mage, none of my other toons get kicked. I don't get it but there has to be an error in Titan some where thats causing this, maybe its conflicting with vista.

So any thoughs?
09-03-08, 03:28 AM   #4
Tristanian
Andúril
Premium Member
Originally Posted by Kiltak View Post
Thats just it Titan Panel was the only Mod I was using. I only took the thing so i could get the coord apsect of titan panel. I have tried going through one by one and disabling each one but nothing works.

If any of them are turned on my mage gets kicked, and its only the mage, none of my other toons get kicked. I don't get it but there has to be an error in Titan some where thats causing this, maybe its conflicting with vista.

So any thoughs?
There is nothing class specific hardcoded into the default plugins or core (that I know of), which is what makes this hard to track down. Are you using the same settings for all your toons, not only in regards to Titan but also the other UI aspects ? When exactly do you get the disconnect ? When entering combat ? When entering world ? When interacting with something (let's say item, NPC, quest log etc) ?
10-19-08, 01:00 PM   #5
Jeania
An Aku'mai Servant

Actually I'm having the same problem...and I have Vista as well. Titan and all it's addons worked fine before...now even if I disable all mods except just the basic Titan (and it's stuff) not even all of them will load up. I've reloaded ui etc....Any ideas?
10-19-08, 04:10 PM   #6
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Did you try disabling "it's stuff" to see if it was a Titan issue or the issue of a plugin?
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

10-20-08, 11:11 PM   #7
Jeania
An Aku'mai Servant

Thumbs up

Actually I was having the same problem...go to Titan's website, they'll explain what's going on.

But when I did move my folders (yay vista) I made sure to put the Titan in first...you see, you might need to reinstall the new Titan, and THEN put in the compatible addons for it next (I suggest re-downloading them, to make sure you are actually getting them to work properly)

Now my Titan works great, even if it's a bit naked from the addons for it that aren't updated yet (hint hint! lol)

http://www.titanpanel.org/index.html
10-21-08, 12:15 AM   #8
Nyte
A Fallenroot Satyr
Originally Posted by Jeania View Post
Now my Titan works great, even if it's a bit naked from the addons for it that aren't updated yet (hint hint! lol)

http://www.titanpanel.org/index.html
Jeania, a goodly number of Titan plugins have been updated and released. Check WowInterface, Curse, and WorldofWar.net.

Nyte

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Titan Panel keeps causing my mage to be kicked to login