11-30-09, 03:04 PM   #1
Folji
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Show/hide frame based on target classification

So here's the thing. Recently I made myself some unit frames with Stuf Unit Frames and Kg Panels, using a texture I made a couple of days back. It's basically designed to visually fit in with the default UI, but have more room for various things compared to what the default unit frames have.

But to make it a bit more interesting, I want to enhance it by making the target frame show the gold/silver dragon on rare and elite mobs. I was hoping here someone could help me with developing a simple script that shows/hides a couple of preset frames based on the target's classification (or even alters the texture of a single frame based on the same condition); so that the unit frame can show the target classification in the same way the default unit frames do.
11-30-09, 04:32 PM   #2
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
http://www.wowace.com/addons/kg-pane...ased-on-target
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

11-30-09, 04:42 PM   #3
Folji
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Sweet, thanks. Should have probably checked there right away.

Now all I need it to find the paths of the various dragons.
11-30-09, 04:52 PM   #4
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
You can use SharedMedia-Blizzard for this instead, if you wish.

edit: because they come attached to the default unit frame texture (that texture is the one that's swapped in the default UI)
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

12-02-09, 09:40 AM   #5
Folji
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Alright, I've managed to set up something that seems to be working. There is a slight delay when targeting before the texture shows/hides, but it's bearable.

Thanks for the help!

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » Lua/XML Help » Show/hide frame based on target classification