04-03-10, 08:32 AM   #1
amo
A Kobold Labourer
Cooldown showing on bartender

Im looking for an addon to show cooldown on my bartender buttons. I currently use inline auras but it only tracks buffs and debuffs, Im lloking to replace the regular "pending/shadowing" of the spell to be replaced with numbers. Mostly for chimera shot and to see remaining time of my serpensting on my target on the bars not only on targets portrait. Anyone knows how to config inline/omni or such or an addon that does this very thing?

Using LUI's UI pack atm with a few extra addons.
04-03-10, 09:49 AM   #2
Taryble
A Molten Giant

Several options.

OmniCC, Cooldown, and ncCooldown are all inline CD timers for action bars.
04-03-10, 10:11 AM   #3
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
When I used to use OmniCC and InlineAuras together I am sure there was an option in one of them to look at the other one and have them work together. I had them at one point both showing numbers on my buttons, one for cooldown and one for debuffs. It helped my rotation considerably.

Characters:
Gwynedda - 70 - Demon Warlock
Galaviel - 65 - Resto Druid
Gamaliel - 61 - Disc Priest
Gwynytha - 60 - Survival Hunter
Lienae - 60 - Resto Shaman
Plus several others below level 60

Info Panel IDs : http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...818#post136818
11-04-14, 06:20 PM   #4
Voxxel
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
I'm not quite sure why Nevcairiel wouldn't include a basic numeric cooldown counter for buttons in the addon so we don't have to install the 125th standalone addon for such a tiny feature. It's pretty basic and default part of an action bar. Everyone needs it.
11-04-14, 08:23 PM   #5
Duugu
Premium Member

If I do remind correctly he stated once that he's of the mind that install a standalone for such tiny features would indeed be the much better way instead of blowing up the addon with them.
11-04-14, 09:26 PM   #6
Phanx
Cat.

Originally Posted by Voxxel View Post
I'm not quite sure why Nevcairiel wouldn't include a basic numeric cooldown counter for buttons in the addon so we don't have to install the 125th standalone addon for such a tiny feature. It's pretty basic and default part of an action bar. Everyone needs it.
Why would he? As I already posted in reply to your similar post on WowAce, it would be a huge waste for every addon author to duplicate OmniCC in their addon, especially when it's not even a feature "everyone" wants or needs.

What happens if I install Bartender with numeric cooldowns, and some other addon without it? I still have to install OmniCC, and then I'm stuck running the same code twice. Even if both addons include their own numeric cooldown feature, I'm still running the same code twice. What happens if I have 10 addons that all have their own implementation of cooldown text? Then I'm running the same code ten times!

The total waste of system resources this would be aside, it's unlikely that all 10 addons would allow the amount of customization I'd need to make cooldowns look the same across my whole UI -- so I'd still have to go through each addon, disable its built-in cooldown count feature, and ... install OmniCC.

There's just no reason why any addon should include this feature. Even if your action bars are the only place you want to see cooldown numbers (and not on your player buff icons, not on your unit frame debuff icons, not on items in your bags, not on equipped items in your character frame, not on buttons in OPie, etc.) there's no benefit to bundling this into your action bar addon. Other than the very negligible one-time overhead of loading a few extra files from disk, there's no real difference between running 2 addons that each provide 1 feature efficiently, and running 1 addon that provides 2 features. And for users who don't want the second feature, the latter is much less efficient.

If you feel OmniCC is too bloated, there's also tullaCooldownCount or you can just write your own with no options.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Cooldown showing on bartender