How to Use Instal: Like any other AddOn. Set up: Works 'as is'. For options enter '/ahn' in chat.
Players are able to collect several raptor style companions/pets. Four of these spawn from within nests. You do not need to kill anything.
The Ravasaur Hatchling spawns within Ravasaur Matriarch nests. There are five possible locations in Un'Goro Crater. The respawn timer is several hours.
The Razormaw Hatchling spawns within the Razormaw Matriarch's nest. The nest spawns hourly and is located on the central platform within a Wetlands cave.
The Darting Hatchling spawns from one of Dart's nests, of which there are four possible locations. These spawn every couple of hours.
The Leaping Hatchling spawns from Takk's nests every hour. The four possible locations are at the base of a hill in the Northern Barrens.
* You can resize the World Map icons
* Icons appear on the Minimap. You can freely zoom and rotate!
* If the nest is out of range of the Minimap, the icon will hover at the border to indicate direction
* Map Tooltips
* Chat links
* A choice of eight icons is available
* You hear fun raptor SFX whenever you open or click on a map with raptor nests
* Choice of baby (default) or adult random raptor sounds. Aw, they sound so cute!
* Several alternative chat commands available: /ahn, /arn, /rapt, /raptor, /ador
* No Ace libraries = no bloat
* Ultra small cpu/memory footprint
New for v2.10 - Chat Links
You may now link your finds to friends and guild members. Click in the Edit Frame of your chat channel, be it Whisper, General, Guild, whatever. From the Mini-Map or World Map hold the mouse over the egg location with the Control Key held down. Done! Format will be [Darting Hatchling Link] @ (x,y).
Cookies, Beer & Donations
It is all about the cookies and beer although, and don't let Gallywix know about this, a "thank you" in the comments section fuels my programming appetite and is very much appreciated. And then, you could cut straight to because as Gallywix would say... "time is money, friend".
== v2.12 - 2nd February 2017
* New FPS preservation code requires a fudge for when players log into "unusual" zones such as Moonglade
* Fixed bug in Wetlands due to bulk copy/paste of code - replace subscript "i" with "1"
* The Great Sea is a (quirky!) sub-zone WITHIN the Wetlands. Code around this to prevent unusual placement of mini-map icon
== v2.11 - 29th January 2017
* Chatlink code in step with Netherwing Eggs AddOn. This also fixed a bug or two
* Possibly improve impact of this AddOn on higher FPS players who also have lots of Minimap stress
* Remove "world" from the "h" command description
* Tighten the testing to prevent multiple egg links in chat
* Also check for nil return values from GetItemInfo for the eggs. Extremely rare but possible right after a log in
== v2.10 - 11th January 2017
* Added Chat links!
* Added Coordinates to Tooltips (optional)
* Slight coordinate change to a Leaping Hatchling
* Standardising of code across all AddOns
== v2.09 - 4th January 2017
* LUA function calls localised
* Small change to (maybe) assist loading times when logging in
== v2.08 - 3rd January 2017
* Localisation throughout
* Coloured text theme
* Overhauling of chat commands
* Use new schema for loading in saved variables (auto delete of redundant saves)
* Added zhTW
* Translated Takk, Dart etc into zhTW and zhCN and added a correction to zhCN
* Improve French translation
== v2.07 - 1st January 2017
* Better management of sounds, especially randomness and selections
* Converted an mp3 which was actually a different format within and thus unplayable in WoW
* Fix inscrutable Northern Barrens error (non-stop raptor sounds) from WoW server weirdly continuously spamming zone events
* New adult raptor sound added
* Alter boolean baby/adult save var into a y/n save var
* Alter all boolean logic to conform with Blizzard interpretation of "true" (non-null) and "false"
== v2.06 - 25th October 2016
* Version update to support Patch 7.1 "Return to Karahzan"
== v2.05 - 21st September 2016
* Fix for nil table reference when in Wetlands
== v2.04 - 23rd July 2016
* Commence language localisation
* Minimap icon change size added. In synch with World Map
* Minimap icon scaling results in smaller icons overall
* Tooltips for World and Mini maps
* Minimum size for icons is 10 down from 20. This is extremely small
* Interface Version now 70000
== v2.02 - 18th January 2016
* Un'Goro and Northern Barrens need special World Map code due to presence of a micro dungeon
* Logic to see (other) nest zones from within/without micro dungeons and indoors/outdoors in zones
* Benchmarked against Silverdragon and NPC_Scan Overlay. Exceeded their "accuracy" in overriding WoW mapping API limitations
* Chat commands to toggle on/off now work properly for both World and Mini maps
* Non-Blizzard sound files added:
* Attribute Commons 3.0: Velociraptor by snottyboi and T Rex Roar by Levitb. Godzilla Public Domain by Marc. All at SoundBible.com
== v2.01 - 14th January 2016
* Can now rotate standard WoW minimap
* Better set of "magic numbers" to provide greater accuracy in Wetlands minimap placement
* The Wetlands cave needed special code for each zoom level
* General code tidying efficiencies
== v2.00 - 11th January 2016
* Eggs appear on minimap for standard UI (i.e. round minimap) and only when minimap does NOT rotate
* Eggs show distant DIRECTION at the minimap border
* Wailing Caverns "foyer" cave does NOT now trigger Leaping Hatchling
== v1.03 - 18th October 2015
* Cleanup some local variables - define properly and delete unused
== v1.02 - 18th October 2015
* More exacting coordinates, reobtained and to extra digit of precision
* Unnecessary use of _G to concatenate a variable name
* Typo in the Change Log...
== v1.01 - 20th July 2015
* Added slash commands. /rapt, /ahn, /ador, /raptor, /arn
* ? paramater for a list of options
* plays a raptor sound when a raptor nest map shows or is clicked upon
* choice of icons now, incorporated into slash commands
* can resize the texture, again see the help list "?"
* Note added to webpages as to why no mini-map support yet
== v1.00 - 15th July 2015
* Initial release
Maintaining an office at the Gallywix Pleasure Palace requires me to show the good Trade Prince himself no end of ample "consideration".
You have just downloaded by the author . If you like this AddOn why not consider supporting the author? This author has set up a donation account. Donations ensure that authors can continue to develop useful tools for everyone.
*Clicking the donate button above will take you to PayPal.com
*Clicking the donate button above will take you to Pledgie.com