Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
06-01-09, 03:18 AM   #8
sgtoutlaw
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Apraxia View Post
Carbonite already eliminates the need for using Tour Guide or Tom Tom. Utilizing the favorites portion of Carbonite is one part, and Tom Tom is practically fully replaced by Carbonite's default way of tracking and setting way points but can go a STEP FURTHER and offers the option to set carbonite to work like Tom Tom OR Cartographer.

Light-headed is the only thing I add to my questing leveling alts with Carbonite. I tried that leveling guide thing (before I knew of carbonite.) and It was just as lengthy reading through the damn thing, after carbonite I realized to toss the guide just pick up every damn quest along the way and follow the lightheaded notes about the chain and I got it done in triple the speed of those guides since carbonite auto tracked and displayed way points for all questing and light headed filled in the details whenever I was stumped...

TLDR: Dump Tour Guide, and Tom Tom, your duplicating addons. Carbonite is capable of going beyond them both and was made to do so. You could free a lot of memory usuage as well.
Can't help but think you don't know what Tour Guide does by the way you talk about it.

It does that whole auto completing and showing arrows to next objective thing and all of that, the thing that Tour Guide does that Carbonite can't, is show you where to go to get the quests needed, so you don't have to go to the same place over and over for different quests.

Like say if I get quests from this hub and then I go off to do one of them near me, then I go off and I find another quest over in this other place, and have to go back to that same area to do that quest. Instead the guide will generally get you all the quests for any relevant area before hand.

I will say though that this isn't as necessary anymore since WOTLK is so full of chain quests.

In general though, Tour Guide doesn't involve any 'Reading'.

You are right about tom tom though, enable the arrow for carbonite and you don't need tom tom, it will work with Tour guide and everything.

Last edited by sgtoutlaw : 06-01-09 at 03:22 AM.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » General » nUI: Community Chat » Replacement for Carbonite