06-15-13, 09:13 AM   #1
Tonyleila
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Pokemon Trainer replacement

Looks like Pokemon Trainer is not updated any more and the use of the AddOn is realy low since blizz blocks tracking PvP enemys abilitys, also PetTracker is a nice addon it but I don't need the map and in PvP it only shows the first 3 enemy abilitys that are possible.

Is it not possible to make an addon that can do this:
1. Show ALL possible abilities of the enemy pet. Thats just 6 Icons but much better to know what it can possibly do than nothing.
2. If the enemy uses one of his abilities remove or strike out the ability that can not be selected at the same time.
3. Show CDs of my/enemy pets abilities after they used it
4. Show how fast the enemys pets are compared to yours
[5. Optional] Show the Week/Strange of the enemys classs

The whole thing coud look like Pokemon Trainer with more icons and rows for the enemy pet...

Maybe it can be just a plugin for Pokemon Trainer?

Last edited by Tonyleila : 06-15-13 at 12:44 PM.
06-15-13, 08:12 PM   #2
Phanx
Cat.

Originally Posted by Tonyleila View Post
PetTracker is a nice addon it but I don't need the map ...
So just turn off the map display?

1. Show ALL possible abilities of the enemy pet. Thats just 6 Icons but much better to know what it can possibly do than nothing.
For player-obtainable pets you could find the same pet in your pet journal to figure out which 3 abilities that species has that the enemy's pet isn't currently using.

For non-obtainable pets, like those used by tamer NPCs, do they even have more than 3 abilities? If they do, there's probably no way to find out which ones they aren't currently using.

2. If the enemy uses one of his abilities remove or strike out the ability that can not be selected at the same time.
I assume you mean things like Sleep preventing the pet from activating another ability, in which case, I'm pretty sure PetTracker already does this.

3. Show CDs of my/enemy pets abilities after they used it
PetTracker definitely does this.

4. Show how fast the enemys pets are compared to yours
The default UI already does this by putting a yellow arrow icon on the faster pet. If you wanted a numeric comparison (eg. "Clattering Scorpid is 15% faster than your Dung Beetle.") that would be possible, but I don't know of any addons that do it.

[5. Optional] Show the Week/Strange of the enemys classs
I don't really know what you mean by this. I'm not aware of pets having any weekly or "strange" properties.
06-16-13, 02:06 AM   #3
Malsomnus
A Cobalt Mageweaver
I may be slightly under the effect of strong sleeping medication, but I am almost certain that the OP meant in #2 the way that each pet has to pick 3 abilities out of 6 available abilities, and if your enemy's Clockwork Gnome used Build Turret then you know for a fact that he does not have the Launch Rocket ability; and in #5 I'd wager he meant which ability type is weak/ strong against each enemy pet.
06-16-13, 05:11 PM   #4
Tonyleila
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by Phanx View Post
So just turn off the map display?
Not working the addon is bugged as hell on german client (see tickets on the addonpage)
Also Its only showing 3 of the 6 abbilitys so its not what I want but thats the reason I know its possible to edit it like I want.

Originally Posted by Phanx View Post
For player-obtainable pets you could find the same pet in your pet journal to figure out which 3 abilities that species has that the enemy's pet isn't currently using.

For non-obtainable pets, like those used by tamer NPCs, do they even have more than 3 abilities? If they do, there's probably no way to find out which ones they aren't currently using.
1. Tamer NPCs pets only have 3 abbilitys they can't have others and you can look up there abbilitys in the pet jornal. Pokemon Trainer AND PetTracker shows the cooldown and abbilitys of them.

2. Player-obtainable pets have 6 abbilitys but only 3 can be selected at the same time you always have to choose between 2 of them. Non of the addons can currently track the cooldown or possible abbilitys in PvP thought you can look up the abbilitys in your pet journal and

3. Free Pets in the world also can have 6 abbilitys they also can only can selected 3 at the same time - Pokemon Trainer AND PetTracker shows the cooldown and abbilitys of them.

I assume you mean things like Sleep preventing the pet from activating another ability, in which case, I'm pretty sure PetTracker already does this.
No things that have a cooldown like Call Darkness have 5 Turns Cooldown. It shoud show how much time is left untill enemy pet can use the abbility again also if the enemy is in the background - like pokemon trainer

The default UI already does this by putting a yellow arrow icon on the faster pet. If you wanted a numeric comparison (eg. "Clattering Scorpid is 15% faster than your Dung Beetle.") that would be possible, but I don't know of any addons that do it.
The default UI does it thats right but look at how Pokemon Trainer dispays it - it realy much more clear which of your pets are better.

[quote]I don't really know what you mean by this. I'm not aware of pets having any weekly or "strange" properties./QUOTE]
Also here a display where you don't need to mouseover it - all informations are there but its to much info to decide in some seconds what you shoud do now.

This hopefully somehow gives a preview how it shoud look like - its hard to photoshop it
06-17-13, 11:07 AM   #5
Malsomnus
A Cobalt Mageweaver
Well, if there's no add-on out there that does this, maybe I'll take it up. Can't be too hard, considering I started working on something similar several months ago :P
06-17-13, 06:30 PM   #6
Tonyleila
A Molten Giant

Thank you everyone Pokemon Trainer has been updated today and now it supports PvP again! <3

Last edited by Tonyleila : 06-18-13 at 03:03 PM.
06-20-13, 08:58 AM   #7
Khisanth
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Hi,

I don't know if PokemonTrainer still fully satisfy your needs, but I ca suggest you HPetbattleAny

The only missing thing are the side panels.

Works well with French client even if main dev is Korean, so it should wrks fine with every localized wow version.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Pokemon Trainer replacement