07-22-12, 10:14 AM   #1
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Query: Why does my Guild Chat plugin stop Guild Events appearing on the calendar?

As the title says .. Why does my Guild Chat plugin stop Guild Events appearing on the calendar?

It has recently come to my attention that when my guild chat plugin is installed the user will not be able to see any guild events on the calendar any more. Even one they create themselves and relog.

All the addon does is create a chat frame, activate guild related chat events to monitor and display and access guild roster information to display on the chat tab.

For the life of my I cannot fathom why this would make the guild calendar go crazy. Any ideas?

Characters:
Gwynedda - 70 - Demon Warlock
Galaviel - 65 - Resto Druid
Gamaliel - 61 - Disc Priest
Gwynytha - 60 - Survival Hunter
Lienae - 60 - Resto Shaman
Plus several others below level 60

Info Panel IDs : http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...818#post136818
07-22-12, 10:28 AM   #2
Miiru
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

I had the same error when i tried to LoadAddon("Blizzard_InspectUI") in an lua file.

It just blocked calendar invites without me noticing. I managed to get around this by using OptionalDeps in the .toc file.

I read somewhere else that loading blizzard addons can sometimes cause big trouble because it seems there is a certain order they need to be loaded in before it works.

Dunno if this was any help for you.
07-22-12, 10:53 AM   #3
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Thanks. I'm wondering if it is something like that. I can only assume its the extra Blizzard_GuildUI I am loading as I never had problems in the earlier version of the addon. Will have to try and utilise the guildUI without loading it myself.

edit:
Sheesh, should have thought of that in the first place. Anyway, for those interested ...

I initially had Blizzard_GuildUI in RequiredDeps in the TOC and also force loaded it if it wasn't loaded by the time my addon loaded.
I then moved it to the OptionalDeps and turned off the force load.
Neither of these worked causing my addon to not get the info it needed and the guild events didn't show.

finally, a spark of inspiration made me move the force load to the end of my UPDATE_CHAT_WINDOWS event code if it hadn't loaded by that time. This seems to have fixed both problems. I get full access to the guild and the calendar shows the guild events properly.

Thanks again.

Characters:
Gwynedda - 70 - Demon Warlock
Galaviel - 65 - Resto Druid
Gamaliel - 61 - Disc Priest
Gwynytha - 60 - Survival Hunter
Lienae - 60 - Resto Shaman
Plus several others below level 60

Info Panel IDs : http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...818#post136818

Last edited by Xrystal : 07-22-12 at 11:29 AM.

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » Query: Why does my Guild Chat plugin stop Guild Events appearing on the calendar?