Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
03-21-16, 04:28 AM   #1
Folji
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
What'd be the easiest way to rework the actionbars?

So I'd like to reposition, reskin, and throw in some new functionality for the action bars as part of this UI suite I'm working on. Trying to figure just how the actionbars and action buttons fit together, and how to work with them. Am I right in understanding that the "actionbars" here are really just parent container frames, and that the things that really matter are the actual action buttons?

How feasible would it be to just hide any MainMenuBar elements I don't need, give different parent frames to things I don't want hidden when the character enters a vehicle, and beyond that the action buttons will just sort themselves out when it comes to stances and paging and suchlike?

I would imagine it could be a little risky to go directly off of the default, globally available frames like this? Right now the scope of what I'm trying is honestly just redesigning the core GUI, no in-game customisable framework, so I don't really see any reason to want to do things from scratch here.

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » What'd be the easiest way to rework the actionbars?