08-06-15, 05:21 PM   #1
Necrovaris
A Murloc Raider
Ongoing paid work - Custom addon development

Hi guys,

Been a while since last posting here, so hopefully in the right place but feel free to move the thread if needs be.

I am looking to hire someone on an ongoing basis to write custom addons for my guild to assist in our raid progress.

You will need to be able to deliver work in agreed timeframes for an agreed price each time, and fix any issues quickly once identified.

We are aware of what addon limitations exist, and will explain each addon in detail, keeping things as simple as is possible.

In order to comply with the WoW rules, the addons will be released for free once suitably tested by ourselves.

If you have any further questions please ask.

Thankyou.

Last edited by Necrovaris : 08-06-15 at 05:52 PM.
08-07-15, 12:44 PM   #2
Tonyleila
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
You need to explain more what exactly you will need. Then your budget maybe needs to be about 1000$ if you want someone to write many AddOns and update them permamently with fixes.
That woud be a thing only big and well known world first guilds can do if they get sponsored.

Thre are already addons for almost everything. Like http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/exorsus-raid-tools
08-07-15, 01:19 PM   #3
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Judging from what my boyfriend charges per hour, a $1000. budget won't come anywhere close.
08-07-15, 08:45 PM   #4
Phanx
Cat.

$1000 might get you one addon, nothing too big or complicated, with limited or no future updates. It certainly will not get you an "on call" programmer who will create new addons, debug and fix problems, and add features whenever you want on an ongoing basis.

Like Tonyleila pointed out, there are already tons of addons available. If you're having trouble finding one that meets your needs or your guild's needs, you're going to have to be a lot more specific about what you want.

Even if you really want to go forward with the payment route, giving some specific examples of things what you want -- and I assume you have something in mind already, or you wouldn't have posted -- will likely get you a better response than your vague "I want some stuff" post. Right now it's impossible to tell if you want another RDX that would take 10000000 hours to create, or you just want a series of simple single-purpose addons that would only take a few hours to create. While money is an issue, time is one too -- someone who'd be willing to spend 2 hours on the weekend on a side project may not be willing (or able) to spend 20 hours throughout the week on one.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Ongoing paid work - Custom addon development