10-02-06, 05:44 AM   #1
kettch
A Defias Bandit
Detect bind type on an item ?

I was wondering if some method was available in the WoW API to find out the bind type of an item (bind on equip, bind on pickup, or no bind). I tried looking in the API documentation on wowwiki.com, but found absolutely nothing. The method GetItemInfo returns a lot of info but not the bind type.

Currently, I'm parsing the whole description of an item to find "Bind on equip" or "Bind on pickup" in the description, but this is not a reliable method, especially when used on craft recipes, which may have no bind type at all, but describe the crafting of bound when picked up item...

Is there any other method, that would be reliable in such a case ? Or does this question need to go in the 'Wish list' forum ?
10-02-06, 03:03 PM   #2
Wikwocket
A Theradrim Guardian
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I would also be interested in finding this out. I'd be happy to use a tooltip-reading workaround, but like you said, there are complications for recipes etc.
10-08-11, 02:46 AM   #3
digit12
A Kobold Labourer
I want to do this aswell. I'm thinking i might be able to check if the item is equipable, this will get rid of the no bind, bind on use, and I think the bind to account options leaving only the boe and bop

Then I think an event fires when trying to pick up a bop, so I could try to capture that event if not than it is a boe.

This is only a theory at this point though

It does sound like the tooltip thing might work so you could try to make an exception for recipies

Last edited by digit12 : 10-08-11 at 02:51 AM.
10-08-11, 04:14 AM   #4
Tonyleila
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by kettch View Post
I was wondering if some method was available in the WoW API to find out the bind type of an item (bind on equip, bind on pickup, or no bind).
XLoot displys the bind type of an item on the Icon if you loot something maybe this helps you in some way...
http://www.wowinterface.com/download...347-XLoot.html
10-08-11, 05:06 AM   #5
Dridzt
A Pyroguard Emberseer

GetLootRollItemInfo

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » Lua/XML Help » Detect bind type on an item ?